So....what do YOU have on your FJR Shelf?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DELETE-PLEASE

Reaction score
I'm planning on putting my GPS on a FJR shelf. Have the shelf, so I figured I'd center it and use the small GPS 'dock' that normally would be fastened with adhesive to a car dashboard. I'll probably throw some gorilla glue or something around the circular edge as extra precaution/warning of it coming loose (if I see cracks in the glue, it's probably vibrated fairly loose and needs to get new adhesive).

That'll leave my ram mount free for a drink holder (although I have NO idea how I would drink something with a full face helmet on! but I could pick up food at a drivethru I guess and put the drink there) or some other fancy thing.

But that leaves a LOT of space free on my FJR shelf. What else do you think might be handy to have up there? I was thinking of using some small screws and metal to make a smaller little underhang where I could put a hard plate that can be taken out and put under the kickstand on soft dirt. This way I don't have to go digging through a topbox for it. Maybe put some sort of ID holder or small box so I can whip out my military ID/ at the gate a little easier/quicker (although the chest pocket of my milspec vest does pretty well so far). Maybe a bunch of velcro strips so whatever holds my fancy at the time can just be stuck to it. I could put some velcro on my ipod, or cellphone to see if I miss a call and need to pull over to check it, or velcro strip the crap outta my GPS mount instead of sticking it there, or any other number of things.

What do you use the shelf for? And any ideas?

On the top of the N-Line shelf:

2 - Garmin 2730 mounts (usually on put one on and use the other with velcro to hold my iPod)

valentine 1 (in the N-line housing)

the remote converter for the valentine 1 to send the signal into the sound system

the XM antenna that comes with the 2730

Under the shelf:

Cantech fuse system for the electrical loads on the shelf

A voltage monitor (LED style used on gold wings)

The power converters for on board power for the V1, and both 2730

I'll try to add pictures later.

Think I have room for anything else??

d835ca7c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I put a techmount on the left side of the shelf with my GPS on it. I have a radar detector on the right side, and in between is an AmpliRider with volume control.

I really like having the shelf.

Last edited by a moderator: