SoCal Palomar Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zzkenoman

Reaction score
Met new friends on our socal palomar ride today. Nice technical ride thru the backroads, thru julian and escondido. Santa Fe Dreaming, FZ1-Guy, Pawtracks, ZZkenoman His2006, Her2006 and SoCalMike were just awesome in the curves. Sorry no scenic shots, too busy trying to catch up with Santa Fe Dreaming and his hot rod 06.

DSCN0638.jpg

DSCN0641.jpg

DSCN0650.jpg

DSCN0652.jpg

Looks like a group of decent folks. Except for that last pic and that one guy - third from the right. Dayum, who let that guy in a group of decent people?

:D

Thanks all for a great ride, probably my last group ride before I move to Italy.

FJR gets crated next week :(

Good ride, nice weather, great food, nice to meet new fjr folks.

Here are a few more pictures & data from our ride.

Garmin file, Google Earth fly-over for download

palomar_track.jpg

Our route, start time (was someone late?), end time (lunch), + other data

palomar_elevation.jpg

How high did we climb?

100_3183.jpg

My bike at Lake Henshaw overlook

100_3186.jpg

Me & my FJR waiting to be found (got lost for a bit up in front of the group)

100_3190.jpg

A few cars keeping me company, wait there's zzkenoman, I'm found :yahoo:

ford_tire.jpg

Can you see these "street" tires have zero tread

100_3192.jpg

Another picture of the cars

100_3191.jpg

zzkenoman

100_3182.jpg

I wonder if the shirt came with the authentic motorcycle helmet?

Thanks again all for a great day :)

Met new friends on our socal palomar ride today. Nice technical ride thru the backroads, thru julian and escondido. Santa Fe Dreaming, FZ1-Guy, Pawtracks, ZZkenoman His2006, Her2006 and SoCalMike were just awesome in the curves. Sorry no scenic shots, too busy trying to catch up with Santa Fe Dreaming and his hot rod 06.
Zzkenoman,

Thanks again for the invite. It looks like I missed a nice ride. I do look forward to meeting y'all soon.

I would love to plan a big group ride down in Baja.

Pawtracks,

Nice pics. Have a great trip to Italy. I think the forum will be in for a treat when you start posting from there.

-Malve

I rode through that area 2 weeks ago on hwy 76 headed to Julian. On the way there, we pulled over for a minute to check our map and took off again, rounded a canyon corner and suddenly found ourselves face to face with a head-on collision that just occurred not 10 seconds before. We stopped and I helped pry open one of the vehicles as an elderly man was trapped and unconscious. Pretty scary stuff! As the Fire / Medics arrived, I couldn't help but think about how lucky we were stopping for a moment to check the map, what a twist of good luck. I heard a rumor from a CHP Officer in Julian that the old man died, crossed the double yellow and took out the other truck head-on.

I rode through Santiago Cyn, Ortega Hwy and on to Julian and back without a scratch!