Socks, no really, socks!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HaulinAshe

Reaction score
You have no idea how many socks I have bought in the past two years, looking for a tall, medium weight sock that does NOT slide down while riding. Motocross was much easier. Lots of specially made socks for MX racing are available, but they don't exactly "coordinate" with my office clothes.

:)

Dicks Sporting Goods had these Adidas All Sports socks. Bought several pair and really like them because they are...

Tall

Black

Medium weight (I can't handle really thick socks, even in Winter)

Don't shrink to half size when I overdry them.

Anyway, $15 for two pair at Dicks. Just passing it along. No endorsement implied.

Socks001.jpg

Socks002.jpg

Also, if you have a ski shop nearby, ski socks are great and you can find good conservative colors as well. I like the light weight ones as they look like the medium weights Jeff has shown. It's been a long time since I bought some, so I don't remember the price, but I have bought Thorlo in the past. This time o' year deals could be found. YMMV

GF took pity on my infinite sock hunting recently, and bought two different high-$$$ brands at a VA ski resort. Both brands shrunk to nearly half their original length in the dryer. She now has her own "special socks" for riding.

You have no idea how many socks I have bought in the past two years, looking for a tall, medium weight sock that does NOT slide down while riding. Motocross was much easier. Lots of specially made socks for MX racing are available, but they don't exactly "coordinate" with my office clothes. :)

Dicks Sporting Goods had these Adidas All Sports socks. Bought several pair and really like them because they are...

Tall

Black

Medium weight (I can't handle really thick socks, even in Winter)

Don't shrink to half size when I overdry them.

Anyway, $15 for two pair at Dicks. Just passing it along. No endorsement implied.

Socks001.jpg

Socks002.jpg
Socks! My favorite subject!! ;) I agree; these are great socks. I picked up 4 pair from Dick's about a month ago. Up until buying these, I'd been using the Under Armour All-Sport socks. I definitely like these Adidas socks better.

I typically but Soccer socks.

They look very similar to the ones Jeff posted

I only wear socks on formal rides. This is Kalifornia after all :p

I'll have to score me a set of those fot the "formal" rides B)

Jeff I'd really like to see the pair that you put 1500 miles on this past weekend. Ya know to see if your down to the wear bars or if there's any cupping or chicken strips? :p

Smartwool brand. Expensive but sometimes good prices at Sierratradingpost.com. I like the medium cushion hiking socks myself.

GF took pity on my infinite sock hunting recently, and bought two different high-$$$ brands at a VA ski resort. Both brands shrunk to nearly half their original length in the dryer. She now has her own "special socks" for riding. :)
That can happen with the wool but not usually the synthetic.

Smartwool: Foot Nirvana. All weather, all condition comfort. Plenty of different weights, colors style to suit most anyone. I wear them year round. Best solution for happy feet I've found; and I'm fussy about socks.

GF took pity on my infinite sock hunting recently, and bought two different high-$$$ brands at a VA ski resort. Both brands shrunk to nearly half their original length in the dryer. She now has her own "special socks" for riding. :)
That can happen with the wool but not usually the synthetic.
You've never seen me dry clothes. :blink:

Her plan all along? :rolleyes:

Latest posts