• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SOLD Wilbers Rear Shock Hydraulic Preload, and Front Fork Springs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRBluesman

Some call me... The STIG!
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
P1010427_zps6c1462e7.jpg

***SOLD***

I have for sale a used Wilbers 640 (Model 640-660-00+625) rear shock with Hydraulic Preload adjust, set up for a GenI (will fit GenII also) I believe for 205 pound person IIRC. I have the specs below, please don’t ask me what all the numbers mean because I have no clue and all the data is in German.

Shock Specs:

Spring = 59/59-95-165

AA=329mm

Spring Preload 18mm

Rebound 12 Clicks

Fork Specs:

Model 600-276-00

100mm Airspace

Front Fork Springs New! Never been installed/or used.

The shock was rebuilt back in late 2008 by previous owner. I bought it not long after that and I’d guess between the previous owner and myself it has about 40K miles on it. I never wrote down my mileage when I installed it. I have all the records on this from the rebuild, most of it in German. Also comes with a Wilbers shock sock. Shock works fine. As stated the fork springs have never been installed.

Asking $400 ship to you in the lower 48. Please PM me if interested, that way I’ll get an E-mail, I’m busy and not on the forum much lately.

Last edited by a moderator:
The spring is 9.5 KG or about 534 lbs. I have a 11.5 KG spring that I took off the same model shock if anyone wants to upgrade.

I have a few folks interested that PM'd me. I'll go by the time I received their PM's and go down the line.
I'll keep all ya'll posted....
I bought one of these and had it shipped directly to EPN in New Jersey, the place is run by klaus who sold all the Wiburs back when we had our first group buy.

He rebuilt mine for $160. Whoever buys yours should do the same and when they receive it they won't have to worry about servicing the bugger for a long time.

Payment pending...

I have a few folks interested that PM'd me. I'll go by the time I received their PM's and go down the line.
I bought one of these and had it shipped directly to EPN in New Jersey, the place is run by klaus who sold all the Wiburs back when we had our first group buy.
He rebuilt mine for $160. Whoever buys yours should do the same and when they receive it they won't have to worry about servicing the bugger for a long time.
Thanks,

Good advice.

I believe it was Klaus that rebuilt this one. I wasn't sure the establishment is still there in Jeresy. Way back I went to the website and they were gone.

Payment pending...

Thanks,

Good advice.

I believe it was Klaus that rebuilt this one. I wasn't sure the establishment is still there in Jeresy. Way back I went to the website and they were gone.
Here is Klaus's info. https://www.epmperf.com/hyperpro-motorcycle-shocks.htm