Solteks paid for themselves

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAJW

Reaction score
At 0530 this morning whilst motoring along the Merced River in the dark near Snelling, Ca to fulfill my Rider Coach duties, I came around a bend at around 50 and spied a bambi. It was on the right hand edge of the pavement with it's white tail illiminated by my HID lights. I didn't get the "deer in the headlights" stare until I'd gotten closer, but by then had scrubbed my speed down to a survivable speed had it lept into my path. The fact that the HID's had given me the extra time to identify the forest rat (without their reflective eyes) and slow down considerably reinforced my decision to spend the bucks and purchase the Solteks was a good one. I don't ride a lot at night and recently had considered taking them off to put on my Rhino, but nothing doing now, they're staying! If anyone is on the fence about adding aux lights to their bike, one deer strike will pay for them, not to mention the possible damage to the rider.

Soooo....you WILL be on the ride next weekend with no broken plastic pieces and your riding gear and skin intact. :blink:

The fact that the HID's had given me the extra time to identify the forest rat (without their reflective eyes) and slow down considerably reinforced my decision to spend the bucks and purchase the Solteks was a good one.
Also, I've noticed that most of the deer I've seen while the Solteks were on were more interested in moving away from the light than toward it....