Soupy's adjustable side stand

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hello Kitty

Reaction score
My FJR is lowered with the Kouba links and I recently got an adjustable side stand from Soupy's. I'm happy with the side stand except I feel like it REALLY needs a sturdier base. For now, I'm going to keep a fat foot on a string in the glove box, but I'd like to attach something more permanent to the side stand itself.

First, am I being paranoid about the pointy little thing sticking into the hot pavement and/or dirt?

Second, anyone else do this? Any suggestions on what I can/should do? Or not do... I do have a guy who can fab and weld just about anything, so no problem there.

Thanks!

Soupys sells a neat device that is just made for that kickstand. It's a bolt on larger foot that should do just what you want. Check it out on their website.

Soupys sells a neat device that is just made for that kickstand. It's a bolt on larger foot that should do just what you want. Check it out on their website.
Psssst. See my link above.
biggrin.png

Does it have the same base as the stock kickstand? If so, Dave's Wynpro bigfoot might be the ticket. Making sure it'll fit what you have is going to be the hard part. Otherwise, if it's very different then a custom route might be your only option.
Or you could order this....

https://www.soupysperformance.com/products/soupys-oversize-sidestand-foot.html
That's the one! Thanks, ordered one, it's perfect. Guess I didn't look around the site, just ordered what I knew I wanted. They could probably increase sales by suggesting things to go with other things you're already purchasing :)

That's the one! Thanks, ordered one, it's perfect. Guess I didn't look around the site, just ordered what I knew I wanted. They could probably increase sales by suggesting things to go with other things you're already purchasing :)
Well, judging from the looks of Soupy's website, I don't think that's within their skills lol. They make great stuff, but man, 1997 called and they want their website back.

Soupy's big foot $37.00

WynPro's big foot $23.00

Just sayin, I know it won't fit there sidestand but a good comparo. I guess I will never get rich. Don't want to either just more headaches anyway.

Dave

Dave, sounds to me like you need to make an adjustable side stand.
biggrin.png

Funny thing is, on the adjustable side stand page...right there in the middle in bright red text...
wink.png

https://www.soupysperformance.com/catalog/item/4408900/7420224.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
I have now installed the little foot for the side stand and it is perfect! I went for a ride yesterday and would have had several parking issues had I not had the lower side stand. Thanks for the assist finding what was right in front of my face!

You know, there's a rule around here somewhere. You don't buy fancy parts for your bike like that without posting pictures to make us jealous.
biggrin.png

Oops, sorry. Didn't seem very fancy to me, but I will get some pics when I get home from Pittsburgh. I was gonna ride the FJR up and pick Warchild up at the airport
bike.gif
get on the back, b!tch! But circumstances dictated otherwise. He will now ride b!tch in the 'ru.

I was gonna ride the FJR up and pick Warchild up at the airport
bike.gif
get on the back, b!tch!
Now that, I'd like to see pictures of
laugh.png
You'd probably really like to see our text exchange when I asked if he wanted something from Starbucks... I'll admit, I'm a bit of a female and put cream and sugar in my coffee, but Warchild? COMPLETE female. "Oh yes! Please! 5 pump hazelnut skinny latte w/ extra foam and a dash of essence of estrogen"

For the record, I am an actual female, so it's okay for me to drink girlie stuff.

I went a year without the extra big foot, but the sidestand was starting to push down my parking puck.

I just got the extra big foot about 6 weeks ago and it's makes the bike much more secure.

So nice having an FJR that actually leans over isn't it?