Spacers for Windshiled installation question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Genady

Reaction score
Hi All!

Had a quick question here. After doing my research on the forum, I have ordered V Stream as a replacement for the stock windshield I have now.

I did however seen posts, where people mention installing windshield with spacers for better angle, especially on the 1st Gen bike.

Could someone clarify on this? What spacers do I need, where do I get these? Anyone has a picture of it?

Thanks!

Skyway used to sell the spacers along with longer bolts. Of course it would be a mistake to order anything from his site now, as you'll simply be throwing your money away.

You can simply find a couple of nuts or use some flat washers to achieve the desired result, and buy a couple of longer bolts from a place like ACE Hardware who carry a good selection of metric bolts.

As many people who used spacers, either bought or home-made found out, inserting the spacers reduces the clearance b/w the bottom of the bracket and the Tupperware so i'd make sure to check that you have sufficient clearance after you add the spacers so as not to scratch the plastic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All!Had a quick question here. After doing my research on the forum, I have ordered V Stream as a replacement for the stock windshield I have now.

I did however seen posts, where people mention installing windshield with spacers for better angle, especially on the 1st Gen bike.

Could someone clarify on this? What spacers do I need, where do I get these? Anyone has a picture of it?

Thanks!
I have some skyway spacers I will let go for cheap if you want those spacers.

Hi All!Had a quick question here. After doing my research on the forum, I have ordered V Stream as a replacement for the stock windshield I have now.

Thanks!
I have some skyway spacers I will let go for cheap if you want those spacers.
Thanks, I might get these from you. I just ordered the windshield, so I will see how it works for me and if I need more adjustment.

Thanks everyone for the info, I think I got the idea...

Received and installed the windshield, seems like it would really benefit from some adjustments.

I have read about some tuning blocks or spacers, could someone help with the options?

I looked at the rifle one, but at 54$ it is just too expensive!

As jamesk posted , I did the same thing cost 85 cents , I have a 05 and used 12 washers on each side and longer screws ,it takes a little time to see where you want the shield to sit .

Thanks, I did send PM to ftompa member about the block he makes. Hope to hear from him soon.

Also zorkler, or other folks with "self made" spacers, do you remember the size of the screws and spacers you used?

Something like Home Depot would have it?

Thanks?