SPANK 2006 5-Day Endurance Rally

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beeroux

Reaction score
Heya playa.

Think you got the game to name the spot and swing for the fence?

Are you an endurance RIDER, or just an endurance typer?

Been awhile since your mind got laid?

Well then ease on down to https://www.spankrally.com/

and get your boogie on.

It's really the most fun you can have with your clothes on.

Ya dig? Sho nuff.

George Zelenz

Rallymaster

Last edited by a moderator:
They say you can recover from early mistakes in a multi-day rally. I bet I'll get the chance to test that theory. ;)

For those wishing to attend the Spank Finishers Banquet on August 16th in Colorado Springs and/or participate in the Barnes-Kneebone ride on the 17th which takes off from Spank HQ, group rate rooms and banquet tickets will be made available on or around March 15th.

Banquet dinner tickets will be available for purchase via Paypal only, and will be $42 each. This includes dinner and a souvenir or two.

Arrive in the Springs well rested, we plan on partying pretty hard at the banquet. <G>

If you've been sitting on the fence about riding in the Spank Rally, you might want to sign up soon as space and available rooms are disappearing fast.

George Zelenz

SPANK Rallymaster

https://www.spankrally.com/

I have gone to the web site. They don't have a lot of info on there. Where can I find out more about this type of rideing. I'm sure I 'm missing the whole point here. but last year they only went 1600 miles in 5 days, doesn't sound that hard at all. I know I don't have the whole concept and I have just bought my FJR and I'm looking for some kind of long trip or something like this.

Where can I find out more about this type of long distance ride. I would have to ride about 2000 miles just to get to the start point and 1300 miles to get home after the event. It sounds like a great time.

Umm... you have some of your information a little off. Last years SPANK rally was a one day rally. Competitors ran those miles in a 24 hour period. This year, SPANK is going to be a 5 day rally and from what I understand there is also going to be a 1 day rally.

Speaking as a competitor in last years rally, I can say that George Zelenz puts on one hell of a rally! I'm already signed up for the 5 day event, and he's already screwing with my mind as I try to figure out what he's got in mind for us. Fore warning to those who try to get him drunk and then ask about the rally, it aint gonna work. Been there, tried that, got the hang over but no information.

As for rally's in general, most of them are 24 hour events where one has to get a minimum mileage (typically 1000+ miles) and then competes with other riders to score points along the way. Points are gotten from bonus locations (or bonii) and require you to do something at the bonus location. For example, one might have to take a picture of your bike in front of the London Bridge and write your mileage and the time of day on the picture. If you would like to read more about these types of rally's might I suggest your check out some of the write ups on them.

GunMD's ride report on 2005 SPANK rally - Its about half way down the first page.

Skyway's report on the 2005 Cal24 rally - Done 2up with his wife!

Ignacio's report on the 2005 Utah1088 rally. - His first rally.

Thanks for the kind words Vectervp1.

The best sign that a rider liked your rally is having that rider sign up again for more mind-fucking. :D

Gunny, try reading past IBR reports to get an idea what multi-day rally's can offer. They are a completely different animal then a 24-hour rally.

In last Novembers Spank Rally, the average mileage was almost 1,350. Thats some pretty serious rally mileage. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I'm really proud of ALL my 2005 riders. They all dug deep and challenged themselves at whatever level they are at to do a great job. A Rally Master can't ask more then that.

If you think you have the cajones Gunny, sign up for Spank and see what the deal is. If you've done any LD riding, you'll fit in just fine. Sounds like you have.

Ride!

George Z

As for rally's in general, most of them are 24 hour events where one has to get a minimum mileage (typically 1000+ miles)
Oh, c'mon! 1000+ miles in a single day?! No way!! Impossible, I tells ya! :blink:

:lol:

The best sign that a rider liked your rally is having that rider sign up again for more mind-fucking. :D
I found out George doesn't like to be called the "rally bastard".

Being compassionate to his plight as an organizer and that he has our best interest at heart.....I think maybe the title "Rally Molester"....unless we can find pictures with a sombreor that point to a better title.

Oh, c'mon! 1000+ miles in a single day?! No way!! Impossible, I tells ya!
I hear 'ya. 450 in a day and I'm searching for the Motel 6. I learned that in traffic safety class in high school.

Last edited by a moderator: