special needs ear monitor

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crewof1

Beaten by the odds
Reaction score
Hi, folks - this is not your typical who has the best headphones, etc.

I want to listen to my XM radio, except I need some advice on a custom-made earphone. I am totally deaf in my left ear, except for a raging case of tinnitis(ringing) from that ear when there's a lot of background noise, solved more or less by a good earplug. What I think I need is a set of the custom-formed earplugs, and one Etymotic ear monitor for the good ear side. The thing is, I want both channels routed to the one right-ear monitor. How can this be done? I also want it to have a stereo plug to be compatible with my XM radio, CD players, and an MP3 player, because I have tried a mono plug and they typically route to the left ear only when used in a stereo jack.

Does anyone know a good source for products or custom work like this? Any similar stories or advice?

Thanks!

c.of.1

My suggestion is go to an ear doctor and have them custom match for your situation. They have companies that will customize for your needs.