Speedbleeders for the Gen-II

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bramfrank

BramFrank
Reaction score
So I asked a year ago and had no success. But now I'm serious and want to bleed my hydraulics. I like the Speedbleeder product (having used it on my other bikes) and it is time.

The Yamaha web site is less than useless - the documentation on the parts fice doesn't even reference the fact that the right caliper has two bleeders!!

There IS a post on this board that says the SB8125 is the right part number and there was a report promised, but so far . . . nada.

The Speedbleeder website is as useful as Yamaha's - I remember when I had my C10 Concours they had to ship 3 sets of bleeders (and wanted to charge me each time) because what they had specified wasn't right!!. So this time I called Bike-Effects and had a pleasant chat with Jeff at Bike-Effects and we pretty much came to the conclusion that I need 4 SB8125L and 1 SB7100 . . . . maybe.

In scrounging around I seem to have a 7100 and 2 8125s, so I really only need 2 more 8125s to make it all happen if the numbers are right - and Jeff has them in stock.

But I'm in Canada and he only ships using UPS - and UPS only. UPS is a true rip-off when crossing the border and Jeff wouldn't mail the order to me, so he suggested I order from Speedbleeder direct. So in spite of my previous experience I just did - and just for the sake of completeness (because there doesn't seem to be much on the threads) I ordered a bottle of their thread sealant. A $14 order wound up costing $30 as a result.

When the bleeders arrive I'll fit them and do the deed and report, for once and for all, just what size bleeders fit on a Gen-II.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.toolsource.com/brake-bleeding-06820-pi-65745.html

i have had one of these for years and swear by them. bleeding clutches and brakes is a matter of minutes.

two bleeders because of two oil sources front and rear. i would have thought that there would be two bleeders on both front calipers. but maybe the back brake only actuates one caliper. will have to check that in the morning.

editited because damn spell check can't spell breaks wright.

I've always been a fan of the mighty vac pump. Hook it up to the bleeder screw, pull a vacuum and crack the bleeder. Sucks fluid through slowly while you maintain a vacuum and keep the res full. no muss, no fuss, no pedal/lever pumping. works on any vehicle. How many people change the fluid in their cars when they should...with this, it's simple.

Never tried it on the FJR, but should work fine, right?

https://www.compacc.com/p.cfm/c/1118000/p/544

(Ok, Just Roy beat me to it...should have clicked his link first)