Speedo Error Correction Device

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buf2phx

Reaction score
Last weekend I took my first trip with the GPS mounted. I learned for myself what has been written about here on the forum:my speedometer is quite inaccurate. About 5-6 mph in the 60-80 range. I did a Google search and found the SpeedoHealer,and the Yellow Box, devices mentioned. The link Fred W provided for the Yellow Box doesn't have the item on the site. At least not that I could find. Is anyone using a device other than these two? Links to vendors would be appreciated. I don't suppose Yamaha offers a software update to correct the speed error. The odo seems to match up quite nicely with the GPS mileage readings.

Mike

My Gen I speedo error doesn't seem to be off as far as you report. I don't have a speedo correction device on my FJR, but I DO have one on my Blackbird, which had a pretty substantial error. It's a "SpeedoHealer", pretty simple to hook up and calibrate; and they do apparently make one for the FJR.

https://www.speedohealer.com/eng/faq.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
My Gen I speedo error doesn't seem to be off as far as you report. I don't have a speedo correction device on my FJR, but I DO have one on my Blackbird, which had a pretty substantial error. It's a "SpeedoHealer", pretty simple to hook up and calibrate; and they do apparently make one for the FJR.
https://www.speedohealer.com/eng/faq.htm
Yeah, in my searching I found that the Gen IIs are much worse than the Gen Is for speeo error. Stupid software designers. :assassin:

Mike

What kind of error are you finding on Gen 2 models? Is it a constant percent across the speed range (e.g. 7%), a fixed amount (e.g. 5 mph) or other? Seems most bikes have a constant percent error, typically 5 to 7 percent, built into the software, probably to keep the lawyers happy. If so, what percent are you seeing?

pete

Mine is set to reduce the reading by 5.6%. But the speedo is slightly temperature sensitive - and tire wear is a relatively significant factor on bikes.

Last edited by a moderator: