"Sport" back in Sport-Touring!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cav47

Adventure Seeker
Reaction score
So today w as the first ride I was able to accomplish since in put the newer pipes on. Just some Slip ons made by Delkevick. Picked them up a few weeks ago from Allen. I listened to them in the garage for a few seconds after I intalled them and preliminarily liked what I heard. But now that I have had a chance to take them out, I do not like them. I FREAKING LOVE them. The sound is perfect for my application. Sure our FJRs always had an ok sound, but now above 4500 rpm, it rips out an echo that can be felt by me. Maybe the difference is not that much but it seemed that way. Could be my absence from the bike for month, but if I like it, isn't it all that matters really??

They look better, are lighter, and sound stronger than the old ones.

I always thought of myself as a sport bike guy(albeit, I was not Prob very good at riding) but I missed the sound factor behind the feeling and concept of SPORT tourer. Our bikes have always had the motor, I just wanted to feel it too.

Problem solved. Thanks Allen!!!

Congrats on the pipes! Just be careful with the addiction to the sound, as it could get expensive. ;)

That's ok Cav...I like the sound too. Especially running high RPM in second. Good music to go with the mad rush!
I really liked the sound of your '07 with the aftermarket exhaust. My son and I could hear you coming down our quiet little street even though the bike was not obnoxiously loud. It really sounded tough.

I have not made up my mind about exhaust yet but if I do it will be the Vance and Hines CSone in black.

Oh, and nothing sounds worse than Delkevic pipes on a Honda ST1300. Nothing.

Congrats on the pipes! Just be careful with the addiction to the sound, as it could get expensive. ;)
Thanks, but I hope u are never right about this.

I almost "liked" this, but then connected that I might "like" getting a ticket!! Can't do that. That is bad karma. But u are probably right. It does become ?funner? And it takes a little of the stealth factor away.

I think the stock exhaust on the ST1300 is terrible. Sounds "George Jetson-ish" My good friend put some Staintunes cans on his ST and boy those puppies sound good. Quiet at low rpms, but when you hit it, the roar of the V/4 is nice. Occasionally, I actually prefer following him just to hear the pipes.

OTOH - I really like the sound of the stock exhaust on the FJR. I've not heard the Delkevics but the 2-brothers sounds kind of hollow - tin-ish, sort-o-speak.

Be that as it may, where I you Cav47, I probably would have done the same thing. Finding good stock cans is very expensive.

I'm glad you like your bike.

You'll get worse mileage, cuz you will always be runnin over 3000 rpm, cuz it sounds so sweet.
Wait.. who doesn't always run around over 3k rpm with the stock exhaust?
unsure.png
I'm over 3k by the time I leave my driveway...and I have a short driveway.

biggrin.png

Glad you like the cans, Josh! I told you they are easy to bolt on and sound great...No more sewing machine exhaust!

Last edited by a moderator: