SPOT tracker loan program

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cota95

RI Beach Pop
Reaction score
I have a SPOT tracker I pay subscription for each year and that I use 2-3 times. Seems like a waste so I would like to make it available to borrow, you just have to pick it up (and return it!) at my country estate in Lincoln RI. I put this on the Northeast page only because I won't ship it. If you don't know about SPOT click HERE. It's easy to setup a page where your friends and family can check in on your progress. The only cost to you will be 3 AA lithium batteries ($7 for 4). Drop me a line if you have any questions. George

Last edited by a moderator:
That is mighty neighborly of ya George!! I'm just a few miles from you at the Prov/No. Prov. line and will definitely take you up on that some time. More peace of mind for MrsM0t0.

I currently use MotionX GPS on the iPhone but it's not reliable in spotty AT&T coverage areas.

Thanks in advance.

That is mighty neighborly of ya George!! I'm just a few miles from you at the Prov/No. Prov. line and will definitely take you up on that some time. More peace of mind for MrsM0t0.

I currently use MotionX GPS on the iPhone but it's not reliable in spotty AT&T coverage areas.

Thanks in advance.
Didn't even know you were out there MrMOtO! Stop in some time.

+1 on the generosity of the offer, Geo!

The only problem with me borrowing your SPOT is that when I am on longer rides, SWMBO is usually on the back, so she knows damn well where I am. But if I ever do have the opportunity to make a long journey solo, I will definitely take you up on that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey George If you get a PM from MY S.O. (Mrs Jag) Ignore it or tell her it's out on loan I dont want to have to do a total teardown of all my vehicles before I leave the driveway LOL!!!

Hey George If you get a PM from MY S.O. (Mrs Jag) Ignore it or tell her it's out on loan I dont want to have to do a total teardown of all my vehicles before I leave the driveway LOL!!!
Hopefully Mrs Cota does not get the PM first... :rolleyes:

+1 on the generosity of the offer, Geo!

The only problem with me borrowing your SPOT is that when I am on longer rides, SWMBO is usually on the back, so she knows damn well where I am. But if I ever do have the opportunity to make a long journey solo, I will definitely take you up on that.
It is nice to show off to the rest of your family and friends all the great place you and Mrs Fredw are traveling to. :)

Hey George, I have an idea. Put the Spot under the seat and park your bike in Central Falls. Then... See where your bike goes :)

You could syndicate: "Where in the world is the Cota bike??"

Hey George, I have an idea. Put the Spot under the seat and park your bike in Central Falls. Then... See where your bike goes :)

You could syndicate: "Where in the world is the Cota bike??"
Great idea...could be entertaining! Might have been better when we were both trying to sell our 04s.