Spotwalla trip size limit?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevec677

Reaction score
Is there a limit to the length of time for a spotwalla trip? I am planning a 45 day trip and wasn't sure if I could do it in one trip or did I need to break it up into segments? My question is about time limits, not distance limits, as Tony (101stpathfinder) has already tested the maximum miles tracked feature.

Last edited by a moderator:
Simple answer no. I have made many trips since about 2008. I can then go back and create another trip today that starts in 2008 and end at todays date and it will show all of the trips together as one.

Agree, that date range is no problem.

....but, after my 8200mi trip last Month, I can confirm this;

Your ping dots do not populate as often. I have mine set at 5min pings. Fine for a shorter trip and it holds true. But the longer trips the pings (dots) get stretched out much further than 5min apart. This is on a zoom in or out, doesn't matter. On last years trip of 5+K mi trip, I thought it was just a weird fluke, but nope, happened again this year.

Have a great-safe & fun trip Steve! :)

KJ, Thanks,I run the free bubbler, so it's only every 15 minutes anyhow. Did you ever post your spotwalla track or are you still a man of mystery?

Agree, that date range is no problem.
....but, after my 8200mi trip last Month, I can confirm this;

Your ping dots do not populate as often. I have mine set at 5min pings. Fine for a shorter trip and it holds true. But the longer trips the pings (dots) get stretched out much further than 5min apart. This is on a zoom in or out, doesn't matter. On last years trip of 5+K mi trip, I thought it was just a weird fluke, but nope, happened again this year.

Have a great-safe & fun trip Steve!
smile.png
When you have a lot of points, it will change from 100% fill to maybe 10%. You can change back to 100% or "all" in the display.

Edit: Its under "Adjustments"

KJ, Thanks,I run the free bubbler, so it's only every 15 minutes anyhow. Did you ever post your spotwalla track or are you still a man of mystery?
I use the Bubbler Pro, just so it would buffer a few days worth of pings (for when in Kanada, and in airplane mode).

I did not post my link or post of leaving (here). Kinda figured nobody cared anyways being a Beemer Rally was in the middle of my trip ;)

My Rocky Mtns Spot here

I will do a RR soon, I have a zillion pics.

Ross is correct....

Not true KJ...... we care

You should go in and change you security settings . For me that not a problem but you never know who's looking