Spring Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Calabash

Reaction score
Saturday, May 3rd,

meet at the Hardee's in Ducktown Tn.

at 10am for breakfast.

Up Hwy 68 to Tellico and over the Cherohala Skyway to the Dragon and run that up and down and have lunch there. Then down 28 to Hwy 19 and ride through Nantahala gorge over to Blue Ridge for some fried pies before we go home. 200 miles, 5 hours riding not counting the times we stop to eat.

SpringRide08.gif

Just one day of riding? I might be able to shoot down if I can get a long weekend. If so, I'd like to ride Saturday a little too, since it takes me about 6 hours to get down there.

hmmm...that might be a good ride.....and my birthday is on May 1st....so good birthday present to myself!!

I'll run it by the wife ...and then my supervisor at work to make sure I get that weekend off....

Ray

Last edited by a moderator:
Two possible suggestions...

From Point-8 run 28 to Franklin and then 64 west.

Or, from Point-9 run Wayah Bald Rd to 64 then west.

You will find either detour well worth the miles if you have time. 19 is fun, but not that much fun.

:)

I don't think there's any chance I can come play that weekend.

+1 on Jeff's Hwy 28 suggestion. It's a great ride all the way down into SC.

I've ridden that route many times, including last week. It's all great. I especially like the sweeping sections of 129 from Robbinsville to Deal's Gap, and Hwy 28 south from Fontana.

I am planning to go again that weekend, but will be leaving from Huntsville Saturday morning. That's about four hours from Blue Ridge so I can't make the 10:00 launch. We're planning to go the same route from there and stay at Robbinsville or the hotel at Deal's Gap. I'll be glad to meet up with anybody that wants to run that schedule.

OK, this looks like it is well worth my time. Keep me up to date with details if they change. I'll be leaving from Greensboro, NC some time Fri afternoon if anyone wants to join me.

To anyone interested, this ride has been moved to Sunday morning instead due to rain on Saturday.

+1 on 64!!! I've not ridden it, but I've Miata'd it. IIRC, large trucks are not allowed, unlike certain other highways further north.

+1 on 64!!! I've not ridden it, but I've Miata'd it. IIRC, large trucks are not allowed, unlike certain other highways further north.

Hey!! You got a Miata too?? Mine is a 96 M edition....

Not going to be able to make this one after all.....on call... :angry2:

Oh well...can use the bucks anyway.....

Ray

The Fried Pie Run Part Deux!!

If it's half as fun as the last one, it will be great. :yahoo:

See ya at the Ducktown Hardies, 10:00.

Wish I could be there. I would enjoy meeting you cats. I've already made plans to be @ Road Atlanta tomorrow for the historic sports car races (The Mitty). If anyone is on the way home tomorrow afternoon and Road Atlanta is on your way, the historic sports bikes run in the late afternoon. Ride safe. I'll make a ride the the SE crew soon.

Wish I could be there. I would enjoy meeting you cats. I've already made plans to be @ Road Atlanta tomorrow for the historic sports car races (The Mitty). If anyone is on the way home tomorrow afternoon and Road Atlanta is on your way, the historic sports bikes run in the late afternoon. Ride safe. I'll make a ride the the SE crew soon.
Kiteman11,

I member that Ace tune! I think I might still have that old CD somewhere!!

WW

Kiteman11,

I member that Ace tune! I think I might still have that old CD somewhere!!

WW
Awesome. If you have it, crank it to 11 and fire up the feejer. Rock Soldiers. I'm a metal head from way back and still going. I just have this motorcycle fetish you all share. It's cool that I shook some cobwebs for ya.

Back to the thread........................

spaceball.gif

Checking in, Thank you guys for coming on the ride. I am exhausted from the ride but in a good way. Pics tomorrow.