spring shims

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRay

Reaction score
I tried the search and didn't find what I need. Don't have the bucks for new stuff because I just moved so I am looking for some of the rear spring shims that were around for awhile. If anybody has some or a good rear shock 03-05 that has some life in it let me know. There is to much snow and ice to ride so I might as well try to fix what isn't broken.

I have a set of three; .115", .190", .247" thickness. Yours free; PM me to give me an address to send them to.

Tim

Ray, as a note of caution, that will gain you some ride height but may not help if the shock is at the end of its life cycle. Since you (like me) are of a certain, er, uhm, weight disadvantage compared to some other riders, you might be a bit further ahead by trying to find a "take-off" shock from someone who has replaced their stocker.

I believe that the extra sag from Rogdeb's worn shock (26K+ miles), even though they were using a spacer, was a factor in their mishap at WFO-3. I know you are not that aggressive a rider and are experienced and wise enough to know the limitation of what you are doing to extend the ultimate replacement of your shock. I'm just trying to offer an alternative if you could buy a newer used shock for a few $$$.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike, what a diplomatic response and quite on point. The shock still has resonable hydraulic response so I think it is worth a try. I would love to obtain a newer take off if there is one around and put the shims in it so if anybody has one I am all ears.

It would be nice to jump on the group buy going on but with just moving and a daughter in college and the world hasn't beaten a path to the door with work it will have to wait. I will order the front springs and go through the front end and between the two it will be ok for the next season. See you at WFO or sooner it you have a good ride going north. Let me know if you need some help at the event.