Spring tool source?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bugnatr

Reaction score
So far my google search has only found cheap tools (motion pro etc) for removing exhaust springs. I am looking for a solid, quality, T handle spring tool for the beefy springs on the FJR and my FZ6.

Figured I would use the Honda moly to quiet those squeaks in both center stands because spray lube only work for a short time. Wadda ya think?

Harbor Freight or Snap On could be your friend.

I dunno....mine don't squeak....or maybe I'm old and partially deaf. :dribble:

I just put the bike on the centerstand and press as many flat washers as possible into the spring coils with slip joint pliers. Roll the bike off the stand and the spring can be lifted off..

Hmm... rope! Might give it a try, the price is right. Still, a good spring tool might come in handy when I get my head stuck up my a$$ once in a while <_<

I just put the bike on the centerstand and press as many flat washers as possible into the spring coils with slip joint pliers. Roll the bike off the stand and the spring can be lifted off..
Now that's some clever thinking!

Now that's some clever thinking!
I've done that when putting springs back on. Put one end of the spring in vice, bend it to open the spring coils, load it up and then bend it the other way and load up. Washers will work too if you have some laying around. When it's in place just pull them out with plyers.

You can also just spray them with liquid hydrogen..this will hold them open for just a few moments so you have to work fast........

Actually, I have a tool for inserting or removing the springs on my kids trampoline...came with the unit for assembling it...

TRAMPOLINE SPRING TOOL

$7.95 free shipping

21iiseyPU1L._SL250_.jpg
spring_tool_m.jpg

I think this is it for ya,

Mike in Nawlins'

Actually, I have a tool for inserting or removing the springs on my kids trampoline...came with the unit for assembling it...
TRAMPOLINE SPRING TOOL

$7.95 free shipping

21iiseyPU1L._SL250_.jpg
spring_tool_m.jpg

I think this is it for ya,

Mike in Nawlins'

Now were cooking with gas, that's just what I was looking for. A beefy spring tool and at a killer price. Big THANKS Mike!

You can also just spray them with liquid hydrogen..this will hold them open for just a few moments so you have to work fast........

Make sure you're smokin' a cigarette when you do it this way; things will happen alot quicker that way...

I use pennies...they're cheaper than flat washers. :D

Use MC chain lube. It's one of the handiest lubes you can use. It goes on wet, soaks in, then dries in place like a grease and stays put. Good for all pivot points, levers, etc. The most versatile aerosol lube in my garage. Yeah, I know what yer thinkin', ya pervs. Haven't tried it for that. :dribble: