ss brake lines, 2006 AE

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

palerider

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone have any experience with Galfer braided stainless-steel hydraulic lines on a 2006 AE? I spoke w/Galfer, and they have a kit for the 2006 A. The kit comes with 11 lines, including a line for the clutch, which, of course, there is none on the AE. They do not have an AE-specific kit. I'm hoping I will simply end up with an unused line, but does anyone know if there are any gotchas I should know about before I order the kit?

It's a big PITA to install and bleed, Neihart installed on his 06 and would not do again, you will just have a unused clutch line.

It's a big PITA to install and bleed, Neihart installed on his 06 and would not do again, you will just have a unused clutch line.
+1
Thanks for the heads-up. I'm having the brake fluid changed at the shop, and they're also swapping out my steering-head bearing, so they will have easy access to the brake-line connectors, and they have to refill and bleed the brakes anyway.

GaryK

It's the ABS unit in back that's a PITA, I will take the clutch hose off your hands if you like, PM me

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally I don't think you need SS lines on a FJR.

I've had them on other bikes and it firms up the feel.

The brake feel on my 2008 FJR to me is awesome and it's two finger quick and very firm!

I'd spend the money on other mods if it was me.

Last edited by a moderator:
And, just being nit picky, you DO have a clutch, you just don't have a clutch lever.
biggrin.png