Staintunes

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xc1974

Reaction score
i recently saw an 06 with staintunes on it that looked really nice and sounded even better. I'm really wanting a set but i'm wondering if they are worth the money. $1000 seems like a lot of cash for a set of slip ons. Any opinions?

It really only matters if you like the look and sound. I went with Holeshots. They did it for me as far price , look and sound went. They are a good quality slip on and definitely not junk. Sometimes if you are patient things come up for sale around here.

I had a Staintune full system on a DR650 awhile back, loved, great pipes, but spendy. For the 1K you can add 200 and get a Holeshot full system for your FJR thats the route I went.

I have Staintune and am happy with them. I bought them from a forum member and had to do some cleanup. The sound and quality are great. If I had the bucks I would have bought new ones.

Not sure the performance is really worth the $1K; that being said, many after market exhausts are about $1K for full system or about $500-$700 for the cans. If you like the sound, looks, and you can afford it, go for it.

Hell NO they ain't worth $1000! That's why I don't have any. Still doesn't keep me from wanting them however. Even used, they are usually past my budget. Would love to try a pair, but Holeshots for me currently.

I loved the look and sound of the Staintunes I had on my 03'. I bought them back in 03' for about 700.00, still pricey but worth it.

DSC00064.jpg

Shortly after I bought the 05' I found a nice pair of used Holeshots for 350.00 which served me well for 5 years.

P4130086.jpg

They are now on my 09' and going strong!

P4180430.jpg

Like mentioned in a previous post, keep your eyes open for some nice used slip-ons and pocket the difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
a cheaper alternative which may provide better music to your ears and stimulate your eyes-- Two Brothers "Black Series" in Dark Carbon Fiber

IMG_2353.jpg

TB3.jpg

IMG_2340.jpg

IMG_2348e.jpg

The biggest thing i like about the staintune is that they have a real mount, they don't have that stupid looking strap to hold the pipe on.

You don't say where you are located.

Note that aftermarket exhausts are technically not legal - you *could* have problems if your jurisdiction does inspections.

I honestly can't think of any reason why I'd want to change my exhausts. To achieve any power gains (ghowever minimal) requires that the bike be properly retuned - that means a controller and a bunch of runs on a dyno to do it right. And then you really only see it at the top end, rev-wise.

I listen to my in-ear headphones while touring and to spend a grand to have other people hear a deeper note is to me, just one extra pull on the flush handle to my bank account.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's like asking if $1000 hooker is really worth it.
+1

Check out Pipewerx. Be the first kid this side of the pond to mount up some handmade British pipes and save a few $$$ when compared to Staintunes.

FJR%20Pipewerx%20Oval%20Ti2.jpg
Thems are tasty! If I didn't already have some I'd give those a look. Lets see now, If Scooter would buy my holeshots....shit, I forgot he spendin' all his Euros on Koolaid these days. ;) Oh well.

I've got the Beowulf on mine and really like the sound and looks. But if I had the jingle to get them, I loved the Remus Hexacones. One of the vendors had them at the WFO in Salt Lake and they were sweet.