Starcom Advance

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NSrider

Reaction score
For those of you who have the Starcom system how have you mounted the helmet headset? Did you use the adhesive backed velcro that came with the kit? Did you remove a portion of the helmet liner? I haven't installed mine yet but I can't imagine that the adhesive backed velcro would stick to the helmet liner very well.

They stick to the fabric fine. I've had mine installed for over a year with no problem. What kind of helmet do you have?

They stick to the fabric fine. I've had mine installed for over a year with no problem.
+2

Both headsets mounted in KBC helmets. Stuck the ear speakers to the stock foam inserts that go in the ear holes. Originally tried removing the foam inserts (they are only held in via velcro on the KBCs I have) but the speakers were then too far from the ears. The Starcom1 speakers are very thin and not a comfort problem.

Interesting side note: I also have a Motocomm ST-1 intercom for my VFR and the headsets from that kit are completely compatible (6 pin DIN) with the Starcom1 Advance, even to the point of delivering true stereo sound when used w/ Starcom, even though the Motocomm unit delivers sound in mono only. The ear speakers in my Motocomm helmet headsets are a bit chunkier, though looking at their web site it looks like their newer ones are identical to the Starcom1 units. Perhaps they source them from the same manufacturer?

A cheaper source of additional helmet headsets?

Last edited by a moderator:
They stick to the fabric fine. I've had mine installed for over a year with no problem.
+2

Both headsets mounted in KBC helmets. Stuck the ear speakers to the stock foam inserts that go in the ear holes. Originally tried removing the foam inserts (they are only held in via velcro on the KBCs I have) but the speakers were then too far from the ears. The Starcom1 speakers are very thin and not a comfort problem.

Interesting side note: I also have a Motocomm ST-1 intercom for my VFR and the headsets from that kit are completely compatible (6 pin DIN) with the Starcom1 Advance, even to the point of delivering true stereo sound when used w/ Starcom, even though the Motocomm unit delivers sound in mono only. The ear speakers in my Motocomm helmet headsets are a bit chunkier, though looking at their web site it looks like their newer ones are identical to the Starcom1 units. Perhaps they source them from the same manufacturer?

A cheaper source of additional helmet headsets?
I wish i had known about them before I had bought my second helmet set.