StarCom or Collett communicator

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

road runner

Reaction score
Hey Gang

I've been looking for a communicator to talk to pillion and bike to bike, wireless. I found these Collett communicators and they look pretty nice. They are blue tooth so they Will work wireless with my Zumo 550 & phone. The only wires are from driver to pillion & from driver headset to battery pack on belt or in pocket. They will talk to other bikes with same Collett communicator. They have 3 channels, 1 for public channel, 1 for club or a second public channel, 1 for passenger intercom, which is private. No need for another radio to talk to another bike. :yahoo: If you go to there site click on product review and fax, for information.

What do you think of the Collet, or any other one as far as that goes ? I'm just looking for a good communicator to use with zumo, phone,pillion and bike to bike.

Thanks A.C.

Hey GangI've been looking for a communicator to talk to pillion and bike to bike, wireless. I found these Collett communicators and they look pretty nice. They are blue tooth so they Will work wireless with my Zumo 550 & phone. The only wires are from driver to pillion & from driver headset to battery pack on belt or in pocket. They will talk to other bikes with same Collett communicator. They have 3 channels, 1 for public channel, 1 for club or a second public channel, 1 for passenger intercom, which is private. No need for another radio to talk to another bike. :yahoo: If you go to there site click on product review and fax, for information.

What do you think of the Collet, or any other one as far as that goes ? I'm just looking for a good communicator to use with zumo, phone,pillion and bike to bike.

Thanks A.C.
Best bang for the buck that I've found. Been using them on trips for 10 years, as stated music reproduction leaves something to be desired, but they're bullet proof! Ridden in hailstorms, duststorms, heat, cold, they continue to perform flawlessly. Now if they could make their speakers more like studio monitors, they'd really have something.

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...8&hl=Collet