StarComm Headset without Starcom1 Unit

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NJ609Eagle

Reaction score
I recently purchased a Starcom1 Advanced unit. Looking forward and planning ahead, is there any simple unit that can take advantage of a starcom1 headset, primarily only for the spearkers, so that my girlfriend can connect her iPod wheil she is on her own bike, but then plug into the unit on my bike?

Taking this one step further, how about adding a FRS radio? Seams to me that there should be some device about half the cost of a starcom basic unit, since there is no need for intercom or passenger.

You can buy the Zumo headset cable - SH-550S and use it to plug into the MP3 player. AS far as FRS, so much is dependent on the radio and brand. You might be able to use the same cable if you can plug in the audio mic independently (then run VOX). Hope that helps.

The Audio Boss has the same style connector, but unsure if the wiring is the same.

The connector is a standard PS2 style plug, so you could make your own wire to connect to the helmet and then use a Mix-it 2 for integration.

Last edited by a moderator: