Starcomm headset

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richouse

Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone here is familiar with this headset? Clicky

A friend is interested in a starcomm unit (non FJR rider) and does not use a full face helmet. He is worried about wind noise in the system. Just looking for some feedback on how it works???

Thanks,

Richard

Yeah, Iam using Plantronics Voyager 815 In-The-Ear Style on accessorygeeks.com with a good place with a reasonable price. This candy is easy pairing with Plantronics QuickPair™ technology, digitally enhanced sound quality on both sides of a call with Plantronics AudioIQ technology, switch seamlessly between two Bluetooth devices with multipoint technology, sliding boom for enhanced voice quality. It's sliding boom conveniently answers and ends calls, innovative ear bud seals out external noise, microphone mute for multi-tasking and conference calls, wearable, compact, lightweight design

I have the Starcomm headset with the bud mike and accepts my own earbuds for sounds..... I just got it so I haven't had time to test it out yet, but from what I hear it works great..Of course I'm full face, not 3/4

This may be a little late for the original post...

I'm wondering if anyone here is familiar with this headset? Clicky<snip>
pro-001.jpg

The headset mentioned above is a minimalist unit that fits on one ear and has a boom with a small wind sock. I wonder if the shades come with it? Some States allow riding without a helmet, this would be a way to use the system. I think it would also work with a soup bowl helmet that sits above the ears. If Richard's friend has a helmet that covers the ears, that big thing sitting on the ear might push against the helmet liner. That would not be a good thing.

I have a 3/4 helmet for parade use. It has a starcom headset built in it. I've had it up to freeway speeds and it sounded just fine as long as I was behind my big windshield. The boom mic has a good size wind sock on it that works pretty well. The nice thing about this set up is you can smile and wave to the kids in the mini van next to you as you go by. It's also easier to eat peanuts than when wearing my full face.

I usually wear my full face helmet with speakers and ER6 ear buds. The volume can be turned way down with this arrangement.

Brodie

Last edited by a moderator: