• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Starcomm1 Digital

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richouse

Reaction score
I have a full Starcomm1 Digital comm system on my FJR right now and it works great. I am consedering switching over to a Sena Bluetooth system. Only because I want to go full wireless and some buddies I ride with use the Sena and it would be nice to be able to communicate with them.

The Starcomm has 2 full face helmet kits, push to talk button, extra length "mountable" plug and wire for the helmet kit to plug into. (I think I have 2 of these), Extra cord to connect a 2 way radio or CB, and the BTM-02 bluetooth adapter (to bluetooth your phone to the system).

I have not completely made up my mind to sell this yet but I did want to post this to see if anyone was interested. If so, I might consider selling it at a fair price. If not, then I can just get the Wire3 bluetooth adapter, get the Sena anyway and have the best of both worlds...

Richouse, I'll warn you that wired intercoms have been selling on the ridiculous cheap here recently from what I've seen. I have a full Autocom Pro AVI system, and a uClear BT headset. The Bluetooth headsets hare good for limited bike to bike, and handle the phone and GPS well. They really don't work with a radar detector or GMRS radio which has some real range and PTT.

I have the Autocom speakers in my helmet and when on a longer trip will plug in to be able to get RD warnings and use the GMRS radio. I can also plug in the GPS and have all the music, GPS and phone go through the autocom by speaker or earbuds. For less intense trips where I want to be wireless, I use the uClear with earbuds for full phone, GPS and music using earbuds equipped with a jaw mic. I think it's the best of both worlds, because both have advantages and drawbacks.

Just a thought. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Richouse, I'll warn you that wired intercoms have been selling on the ridiculous cheap here recently from what I've seen. I have a full Autocom Pro AVI system, and a uClear BT headset. The Bluetooth headsets hare good for limited bike to bike, and handle the phone and GPS well. They really don't work with a radar detector or GMRS radio which has some real range and PTT.
I have the Autocom speakers in my helmet and when on a longer trip will plug in to be able to get RD warnings and use the GMRS radio. I can also plug in the GPS and have all the music, GPS and phone go through the autocom by speaker or earbuds. For less intense trips where I want to be wireless, I use the uClear with earbuds for full phone, GPS and music using earbuds equipped with a jaw mic. I think it's the best of both worlds, because both have advantages and drawbacks.

Just a thought. Good luck.
Thanks. This is why I was considering keeping the Starcomm. With the wire3 thing I can use the Starcomm with the Sena.

FYI. Starcomm no longer supports or manufacturers the Wire3. I had the same thoughts about a month ago in January 2016 and contacted Starcomm in England with some questions. They did not answer my questions--just said they no longer manufacturer or support the Wire3. From reviews, I also tread that music transfer via the Wire3 was not the best.