Stateside supplier of R&G sliders & CF stator protection

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luvtoride

My Indian name is "Pants On Fire"
Reaction score
I need both. I've done a search. I have seen this discussed before & cannot find the information. Does anyone know?

Thanks in advance, Heidi

Thanks Greg
Heidi, I don't have either of what you're looking for, but if you plan on drilling the fairings on the bike anyway, I'll give you a set of my delrin sliders for free. Just trying to help out another big time FJR community contributor. ;)

Thanks Greg
Heidi, I don't have either of what you're looking for, but if you plan on drilling the fairings on the bike anyway, I'll give you a set of my delrin sliders for free. Just trying to help out another big time FJR community contributor. ;)
Ian, really??? Wow, you guys are somethin'... huge thanks!

PM'd you to ask a couple of questions. Also, do I need to purchase the frame bolt elsewhere?

I am considering not adding the CF protector right now. Think I'm going to buy just a new cover. Thanks again everyone.

Naw, he's giving you the sliders, but the bolts are $100. Another one of those "read the fine print" scenarios........ :p

Naw, he's giving you the sliders, but the bolts are $100. Another one of those "read the fine print" scenarios........ :p
Hehehehe... the fine print??? I never saw any fine print!

Nahhh, what I mean is: I think that Skyway's sliders are non drill normally. If so, I will be drilling & would need the frame bolt. I really haven't looked into Skyway's sliders since, thus far I haven't needed to. Also, I think that those bolts are made of a certain kind of steel so they'll bend as opposed to breaking, correct?

Just in case anyone else is looking for parts, heres a link.

Radiator covers, sliders, all kinds of fun stuff.

NO alternator cover. Heidi, you might have to go with Bikejohnny on that one.

Thanks Greg
Ian, really??? Wow, you guys are somethin'... huge thanks!

PM'd you to ask a couple of questions. Also, do I need to purchase the frame bolt elsewhere?

I am considering not adding the CF protector right now. Think I'm going to buy just a new cover. Thanks again everyone.
No purchase of any additional parts necessary, I supply a complete kit including bolts. ;)

Hehehehe... the fine print??? I never saw any fine print!

Nahhh, what I mean is: I think that Skyway's sliders are non drill normally. If so, I will be drilling & would need the frame bolt. I really haven't looked into Skyway's sliders since, thus far I haven't needed to. Also, I think that those bolts are made of a certain kind of steel so they'll bend as opposed to breaking, correct?
The sliders I make for the 06-07 FJR will actually fit all model year bikes, except you would have to drill the 03-05 FJR fairing in order to gain access to the engine mount bolt. The slider material is what offers impact absorption, so go with the delrin. The bolts I supply are not quite the tensile strength of the factory engine bolt, as the factory engine bolt would probably snap like a carrot if used for a slider.

I also have to ask, did my hydration kit suffer any battle scars? :unsure:

:lol: :lol:

Nah Rad, we have to take care of our lady riders whenever or however we can. Taking the reigns of the FJR makes them a rare breed for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good on Skiwi!

As to the original question for anyone else who may need replacement parts, one of the only U.S. suppliers that I am aware of that is able to get some of the over the pond goodies is........

Wild Hair Accessories

They were able to get me a replacement GSG-Moto slider bracket. It took a while, but they got it to me.

Of course, BikeJohnny is also highly recommended, even if they aren't on this side of the pond.

I'm not really sure what the deal is with needing a stateside source when Bike Johnny has been such an excellent supporter of the FJR since before it came to the US; to the point of hosting one of the 2 top FJR web forums (2nd to this one).

No battle scars to the hydration kit, Ian. I don't plan on mounting my system up until the summer months. As a matter of fact, I'm looking right at the base that you swapped out for me since it never made it to the closet w/ the rest of my system.

I can tell you that if it were mounted up, since it is mostly protected by the saddlebag, it would've received little damage... just whatever would stick out past the saddlebag. Those saddlebags make real purdy sliders!

Ian, is the drill process exactly the same as the R&G? I'd be replacing the one on the right & it's already holed. Is the hole the same size?

If so, I'll be PM'ing you my address. Again, thanks for takin' care of a sista'.

This must be the good Karma that toe was telling me about since I gave away some free stuff. I was also given a left mirror w/ no battle scars.

Heidi

No battle scars to the hydration kit, Ian. I don't plan on mounting my system up until the summer months. As a matter of fact, I'm looking right at the base that you swapped out for me since it never made it to the closet w/ the rest of my system.
I can tell you that if it were mounted up, since it is mostly protected by the saddlebag, it would've received little damage... just whatever would stick out past the saddlebag. Those saddlebags make real purdy sliders!

Ian, is the drill process exactly the same as the R&G? I'd be replacing the one on the right & it's already holed. Is the hole the same size?

If so, I'll be PM'ing you my address. Again, thanks for takin' care of a sista'.

This must be the good Karma that toe was telling me about since I gave away some free stuff. I was also given a left mirror w/ no battle scars.

Heidi
Take a measurement of the outside diameter of the R&G slider. That'll tell me what I need to know.

will do tonight. You need measurements in mm or inches? Again, much thanks on this.

You probably both know this, but just in case, the R&G sliders have a shoulder in the Delrin. Only the shoulder goes through the plastic of the bike while the larger diameter end bolts up close to the plastic but doesn't touch or pass through the hole. The hole for the R&G only needs to be the diameter of the shoulder.

You probably both know this, but just in case, the R&G sliders have a shoulder in the Delrin. Only the shoulder goes through the plastic of the bike while the larger diameter end bolts up close to the plastic but doesn't touch or pass through the hole. The hole for the R&G only needs to be the diameter of the shoulder.
Sounds good to me, the shoulder diameter it is then. Thanks Geezer.