Stator install

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Feejer/Weejer man

Reaction score
Stator install went as posted here. Didn't have the correct torx head but got a nice one for inpact if necessary. They came out good and everything went back together. Had trouble getting the end plug out from the oem. Also put in my new Westco battery from SportBikeEffects. My old battery was 4 years old. Turns over much better and stronger now. Good thing for this site and the contributors of info. i am mechanically impaired so any info helps alot. Had a mess though with the oil change and the plastic off. But it gave me a chance to polish my Holeshot header.

Admission of guilt. Even after taking the top bolt that holds the radiatior still couln't get it out with all the hoses and harnesses. So I cut it. If it has to go back in I will solder and shringk wrap the connections.

Sorry Dale, could't resist.

Had a flat on the rear on a new Avon. No visible reason why so I checked the core in the valve stem with soapy water and found out the reason. Tightened it up and its good to go. Will get the new front next week. Hope it don't wobble.