stebel airhorn

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nusman68

Reaction score
Finally gonna replace the horns...I saw a thread where V Max 03 installed a Stebel airhorn on his FJR; didn't mention the mounting spot; anybody else? Did a search, others had the same question, no responses...Was thinking about in the current location of the right horn, if I can get enough 'back' clearance after cutting the inner panel....

Thanks guys

I had my mechanic mount mine to the left horn mount using a pre-built harness from one of the board members (I think his name is Randy - sorry, I've deleted his email).

The mechanic left the right horn in place, and there was plenty of space for the new Stebel.

I highly recommend the use of the wiring harness and mounting it on the left side.

This horn ROCKS!! :clap: :clap: and, as my friend teerex51 says, "it'll knock the paint off the ass end of a mommy van!" :blink: lol.

JW

I had my mechanic mount mine to the left horn mount using a pre-built harness from one of the board members (I think his name is Randy - sorry, I've deleted his email).
The mechanic left the right horn in place, and there was plenty of space for the new Stebel.

I highly recommend the use of the wiring harness and mounting it on the left side.

This horn ROCKS!! :clap: :clap: and, as my friend teerex51 says, "it'll knock the paint off the ass end of a mommy van!" :blink: lol.

JW
It's "FJRandy" from this forum and his wiring is a work of art! I used it for my Stebel Magnums. Mounted them in the same spot as the stock horns w/out iissues. The link to his thread is below.

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=3024

:D :D :D

The Stebal air horn is on my Christmas list. Anybody got a picture or two of the installation?

I installed the compact Nautilus under the fairing at the bottom front of the engine.

It needed a 3" stand off bracket, mounted to an unused engine mount, to keep it away from the exhaust pipe. I kept the Magnums installed as well.

I had originally planned on choosing between the Magnums or the Nautilus, but after hearing them together I had to find room for all of them.

Be sure to get the compact version. I tried (unsuccessfully) to install the full sized one in the same location....there just wasn't enough clearance under the fairing.

I have the Wilbers control module located inside my right ankle or I'd have mounted the Nautilus there. An alternate location might be on the front of the swing arm. That would probably require the wheel to be removed to mount the Nautilus in front of the mud flap there.

dobias <_<