stock horn removal

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kbart

Reaction score
Is there a trick to the stock horn removal?I can't seem to find the space to put a wrench.What methods or tools are you guys using?

If my memory is correct you need an allen wrench. Park the bike where you can easily move the fork side to side. There is not a lot of room to work but sit on ur doofus and get tour hand up in there.

Ironically, I want to do the same thing, and replace my stock horns with a trucker horn. I had one on my FZ1 before I sold it, and WOW was it louder than hell. Pep boys has one for like $30 I think right now, and it's compact, like the size of 2 cells put side by side. The pain in the neck I'm trying to figure out is how do you get at the stock horns to remove them, and if you have to take off all the cowls and fenders and all that.

I feel your pain!

The fairing does not have to be removed. Reach up under the front and bend the horn bracket down enough to get a wrench on the single nut holding the horn to the bracket.

Ironically, I want to do the same thing, and replace my stock horns with a trucker horn. I had one on my FZ1 before I sold it, and WOW was it louder than hell. Pep boys has one for like $30 I think right now, and it's compact, like the size of 2 cells put side by side. The pain in the neck I'm trying to figure out is how do you get at the stock horns to remove them, and if you have to take off all the cowls and fenders and all that.
I feel your pain!
Finally got it done.Use a 10mm reversible ratchet wrench.Work from right side to remove left side horn and vice versa.

I have the plastic horn head removed from the compressor of the stebel nautilus air horn, and mounted it in the same location as the stocker. The compressor is under the rear seat and connected them with 3/8 fuel line. I actually had to trim the inner black fairing piece a bit but it was easy with a dremmel. I also used the original minting bracket to mount the plastic horn head. Little bit of extra work but it turned out to be a very clean looking install. If your interested I'll put up some pics. Do a search to because I know the stebel is a fav around here and people have put up install ideas besides me.