Storm Handguards by Barkbusters

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigjimbiker

Reaction score
Anybody have any experience with these handguards from Australia...they attach on the bar ends but don't appear to work with a throttlemeister. They don't offer much crash protection but sure would be nice on those cold mornings we have here in Florida...three or four days a year...bigjimbiker :rolleyes:

Anybody have any experience with these handguards from Australia...they attach on the bar ends but don't appear to work with a throttlemeister. They don't offer much crash protection but sure would be nice on those cold mornings we have here in Florida...three or four days a year...bigjimbiker :rolleyes:
I almost bought them for my KLR650. But I went with the standard Barkbuster guards. They mount on an aluminum bar/frame that inserts into a hollow handlebar. Not sure how you would mount them on an FJR.

Last edited by a moderator:
I almost bought them for my KLR650. But I went with the standard Barkbuster guards. They mount on an aluminum bar/frame that inserts into a hollow handlebar. Not sure how you would mount them on an FJR.
Their web site shows they fit the FJR but you have to "remove bar end weight and attach to rubber mount", hence making the throttlemeister useless. I guess I'd have to decide which was more important, warm hands or throttle lock. Thanks...bigjimbiker