suggested rt. n.y to robbinsville tn

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zorkler

Ave U !!!!
Reaction score
leaving staten island N.Y sometime in june looked up map quest and it looks like over 500 miles on hwy 81 sound kinda borning to go the same way there and back any ideas

Last edited by a moderator:
zorkler,

Do you mean Robbinsville, NC near Deals Gap? I just did a search on Mapblast.com fro Robbinsville, TN and it didn't find anything.

gypsy

zorkler,

Here is what I would do. I would ride fast across PA on I-78 then I-76. (If you live in NY you can ride the PA roads anytime.) Turn south on I-70 until it meets I-68. West on I-68 to exit 14 and take Rt 219 south. Take 219 all the way through WV to the VA border. This puts you on Rt 219 for 240 miles. It is a great ride.

From there you can slab it on I-81 to I-26 or many other routes. Mad Maps cover the region very well I understand.

Then ride the BRP home.

gypsy

Pick up the Blue Ridge Parkway at the beginning in Waynesoboro VA (or if you're especially motivated, Skyline Drive from Front Royal VA) and take it to the end between Cherokee and Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge. Head a bit north and take the Foothills Parkway west until you hit 129. Head south through Deal's Gap and continue to Robbinsville. Now go run the Cherahola Parkway a few times.

there are several ways to get to your destination without staying on the parkway the entire time ,, although it is a great ride ,, and the time of year you are planning there will be lots happening along the BRP ,, one of the best loop routes off the BRP is just after Mabry Mill ,, take 58 west through Damascus to 133 over to the 421 General Store ,, "The Snake" throught Shady Valley ,, then over to Boone and back onto the Pakway ,, it's a roller coaster ,, they don't call it the motorcycle playground for nuthin ,,

let me know when your comming and I would be up for showin you some of the lesser known roads that will stand the hair up on your arms ,, like 311 ,, or Yellow Mountian Road ,, or 221 up Bent Mountian,,