Suggestions for a new tank bag

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luvtoride

My Indian name is "Pants On Fire"
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm looking for a magnetic tank bag that will allow for the use of the whole tank bag w/ map pocket attached or just the use of the map pocket alone. I know that I've seen this type setup before but don't remember who it's made by. Does anyone have any ideas?

Heidi

Last edited by a moderator:
I own a couple of Nelsen-Rigg tank bags, tailpaks, etc...and agree with the others that the quality is very good and the price reasonable. Their tank bags also have a rubberized wire access hole if you run electronics in your bag and the reflectivity of the piping on the bags is top notch.

Hey, this looks pretty nice! Thanks for the find. I'm using a Nelson-Rigg now and have been happy with it. I'm interested in upgrading to the type mentioned, though. Is there any other manufacturers of the type afoermentioned?

Check out https://www.wolfmanluggage.com/03Tank/index.html
Very good quality and the owner actually answers the phone, good people, I met

the owner on a ride in Colorado.

Also www.newenough.com...
The Wolfman bags are nice. I don't see what I'd be looking for, though. Looking for a tank bag that will allow me to use just the map pocket w/ the base & not the storage part of the bag.

I also have the Nelson riggs shown above, I do like it. It is a large bag and I have never used the top section it would totaly block the dash area. But it zips on if you need it and it also has a map pocket. Did I mention that it is a large bag and hold a lot of sh@t.

I have one of THESE. It's a little big and is also expandable to way toooooo big. Is mag mount and also zips off leaving just the mount and a map pocket. Quality seems to be OK, many pockets and storage compartments.

So far I am pleased with it and no scratches on the tank.....

--G

I have one of THESE. It's a little big and is also expandable to way toooooo big. Is mag mount and also zips off leaving just the mount and a map pocket. Quality seems to be OK, many pockets and storage compartments.

--G
Hmmm, I have a Cycle Gear place right down the street from me. They happen to carry this brand. Maybe I should stop in for a look/see.

Thanks people... any others like what I'm looking for?

--G
Thanks Escape--, that's the one I've been looking for.

--G
If you want to see a picture of it on the bike, look at my ride report to hell. It's shown in a couple of the pics.

You're welcome, only tryin to help :rolleyes:

--G

--G
If you want to see a picture of it on the bike, look at my ride report to hell. It's shown in a couple of the pics.

You're welcome, only tryin to help :rolleyes:

--G
Thanks mister, I looked at this bag over the weekend & bought one. It looks a little big but that'll be ok. The quality, like you said, looks ok. For the money this'll work for now. Maybe I'll upgrade it... bit for now, this'll do.

Thanks again everyone, Heidi

Last edited by a moderator: