Sunday ride to Daytona-Anyone?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taterides

Reaction score
Thinking about a Sunday am ride from Fort Laud to Daytona. Just casual and for fun. Leave 7-8 am, home?? Should be warm but not too much rain. Lets see if this gets off the ground.

Hmm, Daytona as a destination, never thought of that. I'll be getting off shift that AM and will be glad to show y'all our one twisty road.

There are some springs for swimming within 45 minutes west of here also to start the ride back refreshed.

We've got some local guys here that might want to meet up also. I'll supply BBQ if it comes together.

I'd be interested in riding down to Daytona for the day if your plans come together for a meet and ride. FJR's and BBQ are always a good mix in my opinion.

Matt

Hmm, Daytona as a destination, never thought of that. I'll be getting off shift that AM and will be glad to show y'all our one twisty road.There are some springs for swimming within 45 minutes west of here also to start the ride back refreshed.

We've got some local guys here that might want to meet up also. I'll supply BBQ if it comes together.

I'll be in the neighborhood. Good possibility that I won't be on the FJR, however. Details to come.......

I've got a pork butt thawed and dry rubbed. Will smoke it at the station tomorow. Not much lead time on this ride and some good guys

can't make it. With the heat and distances involved it's hard to get you guys rehab'd and home the same day. Two ways to go here,

North turn deck on the beach, or run the Ormond loop then Alexander springs west of town. Bob what do you think? (whats the new ride?) Matt, always good to see you,

Brad (386) 295-6522

North turn deck on the beach, or run the Ormond loop then Alexander springs west of town. Bob what do you think? (whats the new ride?) Matt, always good to see you, Brad (386) 295-6522
Not sure where I'll be. I'll give you a shout later to see what plans you all have cooked up. If you decide to meet somewhere you can text me or leave a voicemail message as I won't be able to answer the phone. 386-801-2031.

New ride? Still have the FJR, but maybe not by later today. We'll see.

Dang. Just noticed that this is a Sunday ride. I thought it was Saturday for some reason. Daughter's B-day Sunday, won't be able to make the ride.

Ride safe!

I’m still up for the ride if others are but it sounds like this one is falling apart. Do we need to do this another weekend? Let me know either way, I can be in Daytona within an hour.

Looks like it is not really coming off for Sunday. Maybe we should pick a weekend and plan it out more in advance. Lets start naming days.

Looks like another day then, some freinds are giving a slide show on the last Isle of man trip this afternoon which will also be fun.

Going to lift the tank when the soltecks arrive for TBS etc. before EOM. Then up to Maine through early October.

Our good riding season will be soon enough, lets throw around some dates all can do.

This might be the time to insert this little tid-bit of information: I'll be arriving in Lake Mary on Friday evening, the 7th, traveling from TX to see my sweetie. We are possibly up for a cruise on that following Sunday, which would be the Sept. 9th. Then, leaving Tuesday (9/11 :blink: ) to go back to Texas. Actually, I'd drive all the way from TX just to eat some more of Brad's BBQ. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

As far as this particular weekend, if it works, it works. Sure wouldn't mind seeing you FL knuckleheads again.

Ah, welcome back, I'm in for a Sunday ride if it ends up working out for others. Early starts are best for me.

This might be the time to insert this little tid-bit of information: I'll be arriving in Lake Mary on Friday evening, the 7th, traveling from TX to see my sweetie. We are possibly up for a cruise on that following Sunday, which would be the Sept. 9th. Then, leaving Tuesday (9/11 :blink: ) to go back to Texas. Actually, I'd drive all the way from TX just to eat some more of Brad's BBQ. :thumbsupsmileyanim:
As far as this particular weekend, if it works, it works. Sure wouldn't mind seeing you FL knuckleheads again.

Sorry I'll miss you Dan. I'm headed up to Northern Michigan, the "UP", on Friday. Taking the FJR. Catch you next time around.