Super Bike races @ Barber vintage Motorcycle Museum

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bananas!

Reaction score
Starts on the 30th of April and runs through till May 3rd. I'll be the guy with the 05 Feej.

Bananas!

If things work out for me, I'll be there on Super Chicken. Hopefully with wfooshee on his FJR. We'll be working on the track so won't be much for socializing during the races, though.

If things work out for me, I'll be there on Super Chicken. Hopefully with wfooshee on his FJR. We'll be working on the track so won't be much for socializing during the races, though.

Edit... erm... No idea htf this got 2.3-posted. I'd delete it but it's too funny (i.e. I can't see how).

Last edited by a moderator:
Just thought I'd uselessly point out that the racing is actually at the track, not the museum. . . .

Motortoad (my fellow Bay County Boy) and I have every intention of being there as course workers, which puts us at the track by 6:30, and dismissed shortly after festivities cease for the day. I am not a morning person, by the way, and getting up while it's dark, on a weekend, from wherever I'm comfortably settled, is not something I normally enjoy, but being in one of those little trackside huts while the racing is going on is a phenomenal experience.

Just experiencing the POWAH of shoving a blue flag in some rider's face is a thrill you wouldn't believe!

Last edited by a moderator:
Me and my crew will be camping up at the top of the hill to the right of the R.V. section. There will be two FJR's, an ST1100, a VFR, a R1100RT Beemer, and a FatBoy. All with Florida tags. Come on by and have a beer with us!

Bananas!

Will be coming down from Dayton, Ohio on Thursday and staying at the Oak Mountain

State Park Campgrounds south of Birmingham. Have stayed there the last 2 years,

nice ride from there to the track. Nice campgrounds. If you see the '06 with a Turtle on the

windshield that would be mine, Say HI!

I'll be there for at least some of it. There's talk of having breakfast at 29Dreams Saturday morning. It's a nice, but short, curvy ride to Barber's from there. 29Dreams web site. BTW, last year police were checking MC riders for license and proof of insurance.

I'll be there for at least some of it. There's talk of having breakfast at 29Dreams Saturday morning. It's a nice, but short, curvy ride to Barber's from there. 29Dreams web site. BTW, last year police were checking MC riders for license and proof of insurance.
Yes, be very careful around there, especially in the afternoon. Leeds has a funny way of thanking George B., Tim L., and their customers for bringing all this money into their area.

Had a change of plans, still coming to the races but staying at the track this time! See how that works out.

Going up Thursday, will be a spectator Friday, probably go to the museum (haven't seen it in 4 years) then corner working Saturday and Sunday. It's be nice to hear from some folks and meet up, but it would have to be on Friday unless it's after the racing.

Um mo' be at 29 Dreemz Saturday mornin' for some Grits an Hog chow. Hope to meet some of you Feejer dudes there!

Bananas!

I'll be there. Plan on camping at Oak Mountain State Park but they are not taking anymore reservations. First come, first serve.

Working the race in the pits as a tire marshall. Kinda like a hall monitor in school, no power but I feel important.

Starts on the 30th of April and runs through till May 3rd. I'll be the guy with the 05 Feej.
Bananas!
Two of us from Fort Worth will be there. We are leaving Fort Worth in the morning in route for Birmingham. Destination, Barbers Motor Sports Park for the AMA Honda Super Bikes races.

Also wanted to ask about tires pressures. I just posted a question and was apparently deemed not worthy of asking and moved to the never ending pile.

Here’s what I needed to know.

I just returned from the Yamaha deal for a front tire replacement (Road Smart Tire). They replaced it for free due to the newness, low miles (400 miles), and unusual wear (Scupping and raised flat spot in center of tire.) The tire pressure that I ran on the previous tire was 40 psi. When I picked up the bike I picked up the bike I asked what pressure they suggested. Two shop tech’s both said 36 psi, the data plate on the bike says front tire pressure should be 39.

I'm open to any and all suggestions. I just don’t want to return from our trip and have to replace another front tire.

Thanks,

Matt