Super Brace

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trimmantom

Reaction score
I just bought a super brace used from a forum member.

Do any of you brothers or sisters who have this brace remember the torque spec on the allenheads?

Thanks in advance

You're welcome.

I don't use locktite on the Superbrace I have on the XX or the one on the FJR, and haven't had any problems.

BTW, per the instructions, every time you take the front wheel off, you're supposed to loosen the fork brace bolts until you have the front wheel installed and torqued to specs. Then you re-torque the fork brace bolts to 10 lb-ft. (I believe the theory is that doing this eliminates any binding that may be caused by the fork brace, but I could be wrong.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well you learn something new every day. I never loosened my superbrace and have changed front tires a bunch of times, but this makes all kinds of sense. I'll do it from now on. For the few seconds it takes, 'tis always better safe than sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't listen to them fools. They are drunk most all the time.......

Ah shit! disregard... I am 2

:jester:

Well you learn something new every day. I never loosened my superbrace and have changed front tires a bunch of times, but this makes all kinds of sense. I'll do it from now on. For the few seconds it takes, 'tis always better safe than sorry.
Hehehe Fred -- it's always easy to recognize a fellow perfectionist. :D

And thanks for the tip/idea to use JB Weld on the WynPro kickstand pad. Just got done doing that and it's curing for the night after grinding the bottom of the stock stand plate relatively smooth. Used blue masking tape to keep the aluminum surface of the WynPro extension pad nice and get a good edge/bead around the steel of the kickstand, instead of painting it all black, though.

I too have never loosened the superbrace bolts when removing the front wheel, and never had any issues.