Super Line Compressor

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

painman

Reaction score
Just purchased a small compact compressor sold at Walmart for $10.00. Its insides look like the Cambell Hausfeld some have purchased at Walmart and converted by removing and eliminating the case to use the innards as an on-bike compressor for tire repair on the road. This Super Line compressor is about 6X6X2 inches and says it will pump up to 280lbs. I could not find this item listed on line anywhere but will give it a shot and see how good it works. It has a 10 ft. power/cig lighter cord and the fill hose is about 2 ft. The unit has an on/off switch and pressure guage built in. No converting necessary. Can run 15 min. but must turn off for 30 as not to overheat the compressor. I'll try it on a tire at home as I'm getting ready to do a tire change in the next week before my WFO trip and report back. PM. <>< :D

Last edited by a moderator:
That's what I've been using for awhile now. Put a cig outlet on the side of the bike.

I tried the CO2 route, but it takes too many cartridges to full up a big tire.

Sorry ScooterG, my system is not copying my pics off the camera so looks like a no go. Couldn't find this item on Walmarts website or anywhere else for that matter. Its at Walmart with the other compressors. Price is $10.00. Looks like the same unit inside as the Cambell Hausfeld and you won't have to tear it appart. Just plug it in and air up. I'll be testing it before I leave for Utah and the unit is compact for carrying on the bike which is the main reason I bought it. Sorry bro. Take care, Del. <>< :D

I have a small compressor that fits nicely in the compartment. It has a very short hose. Now being the average white guy, I should be very comfortable with handling a short hose. But it would be nice to have a new compressor with a longer one.

Do you have a stock# or something similar so that I can go to WallyWorld late at night to lookie?

Thanks for the post PainMan.

I've seen this at most Autozones for about 14.99.

I think I remember the measurements being 4x5x1.75

It was pretty small. Air hose is only 2', but power cord is 10' and could be extended.

SLIME

I bought a Slime, but I opted for the lower pressure model, the gage was easier to see+it was cheaper. Comes with a bottle of Slime that could be used in a emergency, if the plug was seeping air. I know, I know, slime isn't for high speed, just to get me to a shop.

i converted the 12v cig end to an end that matches the battery tender plug...

then, i bought extras

BT-081-006-96.jpg

that attach to the battery, and dropped the pig tail down the fairing so i had one less pita to deal with...

i have a similar connection to the power distrubution block

pp-univ.JPG

under my seat for recharging the battery in a manner that electricaly isolates everything via a relay.

dana

Sorry boys, it's not the Slime compressor, its the "Super Line" compressor. Uses the standard cig lighter 12v plug with 10' cord and 2' air hose. No messy slime to deal with. Says it completly airs up a 180/55 X 17. Can run for 15 min. max, then cool 30 min. The hose and wire tucks nicely away in the unit. It's 6 X 6 by about 1.5 ". Walmart, $10.00. PM. <>< ;)

Just purchased a small compact compressor sold at Walmart for $10.00. Its insides look like the Cambell Hausfeld some have purchased at Walmart and converted by removing and eliminating the case to use the innards as an on-bike compressor for tire repair on the road. This Super Line compressor is about 6X6X2 inches and says it will pump up to 280lbs. I could not find this item listed on line anywhere but will give it a shot and see how good it works. It has a 10 ft. power/cig lighter cord and the fill hose is about 2 ft. The unit has an on/off switch and pressure guage built in. No converting necessary. Can run 15 min. but must turn off for 30 as not to overheat the compressor. I'll try it on a tire at home as I'm getting ready to do a tire change in the next week before my WFO trip and report back. PM. <>< :D
I bought the Cambell Hausfeld small compressor from Wal Mart a couple of years ago. Less than $15. I've used it after having to plug several different tires. Works like a champ. I got rid of the cheap bulky cig lighter plug and replaced it with a powlet set up.

Beats the heck out of the CO2 cartridges. I feel like I've already got my moneys worth out of it.

GP

I bought the Cambell Hausfeld small compressor from Wal Mart a couple of years ago. Less than $15. I've used it after having to plug several different tires. Works like a champ. I got rid of the cheap bulky cig lighter plug and replaced it with a powlet set up.Beats the heck out of the CO2 cartridges. I feel like I've already got my moneys worth out of it.

GP
I fully intended to buy the Cambell Hausfeld and do the modification's spelled out here on the board and the only unit offered at the local Wally World was a larger Hausfeld unit for $40.00 so that was out of the question. I noticed tucked away the Super Line unit and it looks like it will work fine. Haven't tested yet but will do before the WFO trip. And changing out the cig plug for the powlet is the way to go. PM. <>< ;)

The Wal-Mart compressor is the way to go. Got it home and wrapped it up in a Ziploc freezer back to keep it dry. It fits under the driver seat, right behind the spot where the toolkit goes. Fits perfect, even the rubber strap fits to hold it in place.

Tossed is a tire repair kit, and I'm much more comfortable about hitting the road (well, I don't mean

hitting the road :D

The Wal-Mart compressor is the way to go. Got it home and wrapped it up in a Ziploc freezer back to keep it dry. It fits under the driver seat, right behind the spot where the toolkit goes. Fits perfect, even the rubber strap fits to hold it in place.
Tossed is a tire repair kit, and I'm much more comfortable about hitting the road (well, I don't mean

hitting the road :D
Hmmmmmmm........ I didn't think they would fit under the seat. Did you take it out of the housing or did it fit just the way it was? I'll try mine when I get home.

GP

I just bought the Walmart compressor and it fits under the rider seat on the '06. Just raise the black plastic seat adjuster and set it in.

I keep CO2 and plugs, but question if there is enough CO2 to get the job done, so I got a compressor. I am wondering if the 3 amp fuse on the plug in the glove box is up to handling the load (10 amp fuse on the plug to the compressor.) Guess I'll find out some day in the middle of nowhere, at night.... in the rain. Oh well, there is a 10 amp extra fuse in the bike's fuse box. We'll see if I can get something smoking. :unsure:

B)

Sorry ScooterG, my system is not copying my pics off the camera so looks like a no go. Couldn't find this item on Walmarts website or anywhere else for that matter. Its at Walmart with the other compressors. Price is $10.00. Looks like the same unit inside as the Cambell Hausfeld and you won't have to tear it appart. Just plug it in and air up. I'll be testing it before I leave for Utah and the unit is compact for carrying on the bike which is the main reason I bought it. Sorry bro. Take care, Del. <>< :D

Sorry boys, it's not the Slime compressor, its the "Super Line" compressor. Uses the standard cig lighter 12v plug with 10' cord and 2' air hose. No messy slime to deal with. Says it completly airs up a 180/55 X 17. Can run for 15 min. max, then cool 30 min. The hose and wire tucks nicely away in the unit. It's 6 X 6 by about 1.5 ". Walmart, $10.00. PM. <>< ;)
Just in case you guys missed the first three answers......there they are again. :ph34r:

I have the Walmart compressor. Removed all the plastic, leaving just motor/pump/wires/hose. Removed the stupid cooling fan too. Put in ziploc bag, very easily fits underseat of 06A, sharing room with StarComm, bungee cords, relay box etc.

..oh, I start the bike, put the pump in exhaust flow for cooling. Lucky for me I never get front flats..

I just bought the Walmart compressor and it fits under the rider seat on the '06. Just raise the black plastic seat adjuster and set it in.
I keep CO2 and plugs, but question if there is enough CO2 to get the job done, so I got a compressor. I am wondering if the 3 amp fuse on the plug in the glove box is up to handling the load (10 amp fuse on the plug to the compressor.) Guess I'll find out some day in the middle of nowhere, at night.... in the rain. Oh well, there is a 10 amp extra fuse in the bike's fuse box. We'll see if I can get something smoking. :unsure:

B)
You will need to set up a 10 amp fuse for the "Super Line" compressor. It has a 10 amp fuse built into the cig plug but I cut off the cig plug and just used the extra pigtail (just like wpbfjr's) that came with one of my Battery Tenders that has the spade fuse inline on the plug. Ran it down the side of the tank next to the frame. Just like the 3 amp plug for the Tender. Don't even try using a 3 amp fuse on the compressor as it will fry the fuse and or wire as the stock plug on the FJR is 3 amp. And the compressor fits under the seat in the upper position on the Gen II's as mentioned. PM. <><

Plug Used (replace the 3 amp fuse with a 10 amp and your done.)

Thanks for the reminder about the power connection. Never thought of that. Would have been a real bummer to get stuck someplace, stick that 12-volt adapter into the FJR, and hear "Poof!". A flat tire and blown fuse in the same night.....F-

Latest posts