SuperBrace for '06

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chickey191

Reaction score
Lucky me - I'll be heading for Huntington Beach Saturday morning to be the guinea pig test bike for Superbrace measuring my '06.

Hope to be riding home with a brand new brace by Saturday evening - and announcing that superbrace will now be offering their product for you lucky fellow '06 owners.

I'll post Saturday evening.

Not sure the '06 really needs one - but I'll have a better perspective by Saturday night.

took the bike in this morning and was measured.

Here is the deal.

Definitely - the current superbrace will not fit. Changes in the fender prevent it from working. the "U" shaped part of the brace hid behind the dip in the previous fenders - which doesn't appear on the '06 bike. This is the bend required to keep the brace from hitting the brakes connection at the bottom of the down tube.

They took measurements - doesn't look like anything drastic - maybe a quarter inch less dip in the "U". They were going to try to insert it into a production run that they were doing today on other superbraces.

I will be going back in a couple of weeks to have it test installed. They will be heading to Americade next week, and I will be at the Cal 24 the week after.

So - nothing to report about how well it works - but it will be about 3 weeks before we know.

Nice folks there in Huntington Beach.