Suspension Set-up

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimLor

Reaction score
A post on a different subject got me thinking about suspension setup, etc. Would folks be interested in at the very least running thru a station that would let you know what your "sag" and other suspension numbers are? I know that it's very easy to do, but it does take a couple of folks to hold the bike, lift/depress the suspension, and measure. Much easier if done with a couple of weak minds and strong backs! I am in no way shape or form a "suspension expert," but I can lift/depress and measure with the best of them...and I do know we have a few experts who will probably be at EOM and would probably be willing to wax eloquent on the subject.

If Friday night is the TBS night, we could just setup another line or two for suspension measurements and run folks thru.

Whaddya think?

I could sure use some help wid dat. Glad ya thunk it up. Thanks. Lets do it. I fit perfectly into strong back, weak mind crew.

I followed the sportrider.com settings and it was a HUGE improvement over how the bike was setup when I got it....I am still clueless on setup however and would like to learn from others experiences...I think it's a great idea.

Besides, my rear shock is pooping out and I would like to learn more about what others have, rider profiles, settings, etc.....

Hell yeah, would be cool. I'd be interested and willing to help lift bikes after I get off the TBS line. ;-)

I have a sag master that I modifide to work on the FJR.. I will bring it with me... Smitty

I'll make some copies of the worksheet from "Total Control" so folks can have a record of their measurements.

The idea here is to measure front and rear sags to let people know how far they are from ideal.

Then they would have the rest of the weekend to dial in the direction of ideal with the available adjustments.

Is that right?

I suspect a lot of older bikes will find the limit of the preload setting.

Sounds like something to do.