suspension

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weekend rider

Reaction score
Just had my suspension done at GPsuspensions, front and rear complete, penske rear and front complete with their dampening valve.

After they completed my suspension work for which I had scheduled I was able to take it for a little test drive. From leaving there shop and heading to Desert Valey Sports in washington for tires I gave the suspension a test run for a few hundred miles. Than I was able to really able evaulate with the new set of tires mounted.

Since I was on my touring trip, I Only tested the supension with in my allowed speeds for cornering speeds . What a difference I can ride that bike all day and not get tired the shocks do what they were designed for , that is soak up the bumps.

Best money that I spent on that bike so far along with the tires Avons. Now I can ride with confidence. GPsuspensions gets all my work. I happy even though I did not get in on the goup buy.

Thanks goes to all those who set up the intial business deal realizing what quality work they do.

with positive results. "Warchild" weekend rider

Sounds great!

What made you do a Penske instead of Ohlin or Wilbur? I know they have parts specifically for the FJR.

What parts did you upgrade and how much was it?

Flyguy: I chose the Penske over the Wilbers because of the reported spring errror, and the seperation of management. Gpsuspensions rated the spring for how I want to ride and perform under

agressive ridding and it fell in my guide lines. Also I like where the nitrogen cannister sets.

After putting about 1500 miles on the set up and ridding with in my trip guide lines for touring being a lone rider, it handle awesome. There was a couple of times that I tested the shocks and they performed much better than i could have imagined. One other thing that the up grade did was make the bike more comfortable to ride. The shocks soaked up the bumps and I was not tired at the end of the day as with the stock set-up.

Now that I am back home I will test it out on roads that I know.

And when I get a chance to ride with rsvlfjr I will be real able to test the suspension. He is fast and fun to ride with.. Hopes this helps

I rode with alook like this :glare: now I ride with a look like this :) :D weekend rider

How about some pics? and how much was it to make the upgrades?? I will probably need to replace my shocks sometime next year so i am just starting to think about that.

Flyguy: I chose the Penske over the Wilbers because of the reported spring errror, and the seperation of management. Gpsuspensions rated the spring for how I want to ride and perform under agressive ridding and it fell in my guide lines. Also I like where the nitrogen cannister sets.

After putting about 1500 miles on the set up and ridding with in my trip guide lines for touring being a lone rider, it handle awesome. There was a couple of times that I tested the shocks and they performed much better than i could have imagined. One other thing that the up grade did was make the bike more comfortable to ride. The shocks soaked up the bumps and I was not tired at the end of the day as with the stock set-up.

Now that I am back home I will test it out on roads that I know.

And when I get a chance to ride with rsvlfjr I will be real able to test the suspension. He is fast and fun to ride with.. Hopes this helps

I rode with alook like this :glare: now I ride with a look like this :) :D weekend rider
You forgot to mention that the Ohlins is not height adjustable whereas the Penske is.....plus Penske hasn't recorded any shock failures at least not like with the Wilbers.....just FYI

I bought from GP Suspension for the FZ6 and I am very happy with the way they set it up for Sherri. No good for me :( Great for Sherri :)

"And when I get a chance to ride with rsvlfjr I will be real able to test the suspension."

WeekendRider,

Gone for the next couple of weekends (mini-vacation), but I'll be nice to the wife/boss and maybe she'll let me come out to play when we get back... Ran the twisties up at the north end of Hwy 49 this weekend - beautiful weather and the dogbones Uberkul recommended got the tail of the bike up enough so I'm back to mostly scraping pegs instead of grinding them off.

When I can get the bucks stashed, I'll probably go with either GP or AfterShocks myself - good to know they make :yahoo: ...

RsvlFeej