SW Motech Engage Tankbag install-The mount

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CraigRegs

Reaction score
Been looking for a tankbag that wouldn't rub on the paint and settled on the SW Motech Engage from Twisted Throttle. During my research I couldn't find many images of the bag or the installation procedure, so I documented my install for y'all.

The bag mounts to a ring that bolts around the fuel filler cap. The lower ring comes in two parts that need to be bolted together. This is looking at the top faces of the rings.

01MountRings.jpg

Here's the bottom face after being secured with 2 lock nuts and bolts. Simple enough.

02MountRingsJoined.jpg

This assembly is held to the fuel filler ring w/ 4 bolts. Remove the stock bolts, replace with those provided.

03MountRingsMounted.jpg

To give you an idea of how the system works, here's the ring that attaches to the bag resting on top of the ring around the fuel filler. In the first photo, it's unlatched and lifted slightly. The spring-loaded pin in the front of the upper ring pops into the hole in the lower ring, as shown in the 2nd photo.

04Unlatched.jpg

05Latched.jpg

That took about 15 minutes to accomplish. Next post, I'll show how to mount the upper ring to the bag and include shots of the completed mount and the bag's interior.

Craig