SWFOG 2009 Rides

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Badcat

Reaction score
After working with Beemerdons I came up with maps for the rides out of Page

Friday, September 25 we'll depart the Courtyard Marriot at 0900 for a six hour, 250 mile ride taking us from Page at 4,800 feet to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon at 8,000 feet via Jacob Lake, Arizona. Lunch will be at the Grand Canyon North Rim Lodge and after lunch we'll visit Point Imperial at 8,800 feet for spectacular photo opportunities overlooking Colorado River.

day1ride.jpg

Saturday, September 26 we'll ride to Zion National Park via Kanab, Utah.

From Kanab, we will make a loop through Zion having lunch in Springdale.

North to Cedar City and spectacular Cedar Breaks National Monument Road

Back to Page via Mount Carmel Junction and the conclusion of an eight hour, 350 mile day. Long day so we will depart the Marriott at 0800 sharp.

day2ride.jpg

The start times may change. PM me your email address if you would like the Garmin GPS files for these.

Burk

Last edited by a moderator:
After working with Beemerdons I came up with maps for the rides out of Page
Friday, September 25 we'll depart the Courtyard Marriot at 0900 for a six hour, 250 mile ride taking us from Page at 4,800 feet to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon at 8,000 feet via Jacob Lake, Arizona. Lunch will be at the Grand Canyon North Rim Lodge and after lunch we'll visit Point Imperial at 8,800 feet for spectacular photo opportunities overlooking Colorado River.

day1ride.jpg

Saturday, September 26 we'll ride to Zion National Park via Kanab, Utah.

From Kanab, we will make a loop through Zion having lunch in Springdale.

North to Cedar City and spectacular Cedar Breaks National Monument Road

Back to Page via Mount Carmel Junction and the conclusion of an eight hour, 350 mile day. Long day so we will depart the Marriott at 0800 sharp.

day2ride.jpg

The start times may change. PM me your email address if you would like the Garmin GPS files for these.

Burk
Since we'll have thirty bikes, I'm looking for two volunteers. When I lead group rides I always split the herd into 10 bike groups. If you've ridden these two routes before, please step up and volunteer. We will send ten out at 15 minute intervals.

If there are photographers in our group, I'm hoping that Old Michael may lead this pic pack; so we get some scenic photos.

Oh man! I wish I had the money for this gathering. Nice looking rides I want to do. I'm going to keep a link for when I head that way.
https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...40&start=40 ShinyPartsUp: Our man in Page is Chuck-Wetdog; in Post #58 he describes hotel rooms at half the price of the Courtyard Marriott. Food for thought: Your wife could fly in and out of Las Vegas; airfares into and out of LV are very cheap right now, due to tourism woes of this bad economy.

Oh man! I wish I had the money for this gathering. Nice looking rides I want to do. I'm going to keep a link for when I head that way.
https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...40&start=40 ShinyPartsUp: Our man in Page is Chuck-Wetdog; in Post #52 he describes hotel rooms at half the price of the Courtyard Marriott. Food for thought: Your wife could fly in and out of Las Vegas; airfares into and out of LV are very cheap right now, due to tourism woes of this bad economy.
Good thinking. Maybe this Fall. Thanks for the link el jefe.

EDIT; POST #52 is by Silver Penguin, but I'LL look around that thread...

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...40&start=40 ShinyPartsUp: Our man in Page is Chuck-Wetdog; in Post #52 he describes hotel rooms at half the price of the Courtyard Marriott. Food for thought: Your wife could fly in and out of Las Vegas; airfares into and out of LV are very cheap right now, due to tourism woes of this bad economy.
Good thinking. Maybe this Fall. Thanks for the link el jefe.

EDIT; POST #52 is by Silver Penguin, but I'LL look around that thread...
Excuse me, Mike; it is #58, below Jill's.

Just out of curiosity, how many are signed up to go to this great event so far?

We have 20 bikes and 23 people so far. Only 12 signed up for the Saturday night dinner so far. I think I have two or three checks in route so there will be more. Deadline is this Friday to have your funds in!

We have received a few door prizes including two $30 gift certificates from newenough.com, a Fuzeblock, an FJR flask....hopefully more to come.

Burk

Damn, looks like alot of fun. Let me see if I can sneak some extra cash together and some time off. If I can, I can help with the rides. Don't care to lead bike rides, but Ive done the roads and can certainly run sweep.

badcat

Is there any body riding from the Pacific North west? If there is I would like to know maybe ride with Him to th Sw-FOG

Thx

FJRkid