Switch for aux lighting?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zenwhipper

Reaction score
Folks-

Aux lighting on me FJR is soon to be installed. I'd like to get some recommendations on what kind of switch you used. In other words - did you use a toggle or rocker or paddle or micro toggle or ???? Any good lighted switches out there?

I will likely place the switch in the left panel by the glove box.

TIA

Scott

auto parts stores like Auot Zone, Kragen, Pep Boys, etc carry a wide variety of cool switches (that cater to the import tuner crowd). if you're gonig to install it on a horizontal panel, i'd recommend a water-proof switch.

I bought a small toggle switch and rubber boot cover from a local marine store. NAPA/Carquest might have them, but I haven't checked. The other stores sell only plastic and metal switches. I couldn't find any boots to cover those.

I used the toggle that comes with the Hella FF50 lights. It has a black base that matches well with the dash panels. The switch has a light inside that lights up when the lights are on, but I left that disconnected so I wouldn't have it glaring at me on long nights. It has held up well through rain and heat.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're running strong aux. lights, make sure you place the switch where you can get to it quickly, without looking away from the road. Mine's in the "Euro flash-to-pass" switch location (plugged in U.S.), and very accessible.

If you're running strong aux. lights, make sure you place the switch where you can get to it quickly, without looking away from the road. Mine's in the "Euro flash-to-pass" switch location (plugged in U.S.), and very accessible.
Very cool way to do it. I may have to give this a try one of these days.

Clicky HERE

Excellent tip. I just ordered the switches from digi-key (the covers were backordered until July 24th so I passed on them).

Last edited by a moderator: