Symtec Heated grips on an '05

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sherpagirl

Reaction score
Installing heated grips and digital temp/time/volts gauge on my '05. Saw the picts with the install on the '03. Different color wires? What's the best ignition controlled hot lead to tap into? Has anyone else installed Show Chrome Accessories' digital 5 function volt meter?

Any help/advice is welcome! (Got lotso accessories for the bike- must've been a good girl!)

Thanks!

LS - not hunting Iwaqis anymore

Show Chrome Accessories' digital 5 function volt meter is not weather proof, otherwise it is a good unit. That said, my brother has had one on his ST1100 for 2-3 years where it has seen everything including snow, and is just now beginning to show some problems. He mounted the meter where it gets a bit of weather protection which seems to have helped a lot.

BB4-239.jpg

not hunting Iwaqis anymore
Congratulations on finishing that duty! Are you back state side for good?

Last edited by a moderator:
Installing the meter so that it's hanging off the "dashboard" I installed. Having wiring issues though. Orange to an ignition controlled power source, red to hot, black to ground (duh). Anyway...unit stays on all the time and handgrips don't get warm......may go right to battery....really didn't want to go as far as to add the power strip. Running 2 aux lights from my headlights.......maybe I'll try getting power from my taillights.

Ja...back for good - for now. My job requires that I travel....did a 10 day trip ferrying an airplane to Alaska......a might bit cold!

I don't plan on going back (husband just found out that he's got lymphoma) but I figure that the bastages don't much give a d@m^.

Any more input is truly appreciated!!!!!!