Synergy Electric Glove Fit Chart? Where can I find one?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lacofdfireman

Reaction score
I am looking at purchasing a pair of Synergy Heated gloves. First question is, does anyone know how they fit? My problem is that 9 out 10 pairs of xxl gloves are to small for my hands. I was blessed with bohemeth hands. I really have a hard time finding gloves where my fingers don't bottom out to soon.. <_< So the Synergy gloves state they come in a 4XL.... Anyone have these that could tell me how they feel or Run? I hate to spend $150 on gloves that I cannot even use cause they are to small.

Next question is I see two different pairs. Which ones are better? and why?

Synergy Electric glove $139.99

h_syg.jpg

Synergy Textile glove $149.99

h_sygt.jpg

I bought a pair of the Synergy Gloves a couple of months ago. I have large hands also and went by the sizing chart. They fit but they are tight. I would recommend going a size up over what they suggest. It is important that this style of glove fit snuggly. I have found that gloves stretch with use. These gloves are well made. I have some arthurites in my knuckes and it took a while to get use to the fit. Although my hands have yet to be cold while wearing them, unlike the Synergy vest they don't feel real hot. Warm? Yes.

For me, the fit was about what I expected. I wear a 9 in most summer gloves, 9.5 on insulated models. With these I've got a large, and I like the fit. I went with the leather, for the protection.

As far as heat goes, they do a good job, the coldest temp they saw was 23 degrees. At that temp, your fingers are not hot, but they are not getting uncomfortably cold. On High, the liner will bake your torso, and your fingers are just okay. That said, a friend uses Gerbings with separate controls for gloves and liner, and he still has the same problem.

When I got my FJR, I ordered the factory heated grips, now those, combined with the gloves keep your fingers nice and toasty.

They didn't get a lgowing review at WebBikeWorld:

WebBikeWorld Synergy Glove review

I have a pair of the G3 Gerbings and the right thumb seemed to not heat as well as I remembered, so I took it to the Gerbing booth at the DC motorcycle show last weekend. They plugged them in and told me that with the lifetime warranty just send mine in. They also showed me how their new products use a semiconductive mesh to spread heat and be less prone to fail as the wire.

Bob

Well, the WebBikeWorld article was somewhat disputed just in the responses they got back. I've never found the gloves cumbersome, and they broke in nicely. They have also been surprizingly waterproof. I am not hugely fond of using the gloves by themselves -- because you have to loop the dummy cord up around and down the sleeves. They used a vest, not a jacket liner. Without the sleeves of the liner to plug the gloves in, you are subject to cords running down the sleeves. The Tourmaster cloting heats up quickly and is at full temp before I can even get to the end of my street. My commute one way is 45 miles, and as I said previously, the gloves keep your hands from getting cold or uncomfortable. With the jacket cooking your body core quite effectively, the combo works for me. I purchased from Competition Accessories in Ohio ($125 for the leather gloves). Their phone operators are very good at helping with fit, and their website has size conversions for most of the brands that they sell.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it depends on if you want "space" at the end of your fingers or not. I bought size medium to avoid having anything hanging over the ends of my fingers. There are times I wish I had bought large. Medium is what the size chart said for me, and it is just big enough.

+1 on separate controllers

Most of the time I don't use separate controllers and choose to attach the gloves to the liner sleeves. But if it's rainy or extremely cold (below 30F), I hook up the gloves separately and run them on High, with the liner on Low or Medium.

They didn't get a lgowing review at WebBikeWorld:WebBikeWorld Synergy Glove review

I have a pair of the G3 Gerbings and the right thumb seemed to not heat as well as I remembered, so I took it to the Gerbing booth at the DC motorcycle show last weekend. They plugged them in and told me that with the lifetime warranty just send mine in. They also showed me how their new products use a semiconductive mesh to spread heat and be less prone to fail as the wire.

Bob
Do they use the semiconductive mesh in their new line of G3 gloves and are they for sale right now? Or is this something that is coming out later?

They didn't get a lgowing review at WebBikeWorld:WebBikeWorld Synergy Glove review

Bob
Do they use the semiconductive mesh in their new line of G3 gloves and are they for sale right now? Or is this something that is coming out later?
The mesh is what Gerbing's gone to for at least their gloves and it was in what they were selling at the DC bike show last weekend. It definitely seemed to heat the gloves more evenly for me anyway. The mesh is clearly more expensive for them but I heard it cut their service problems. I don't know what other products it is currently used in, but if you're curious, call them, they're a small company and know the product really well.

As for the Synergy gloves, I have no experience, just related a review. (The WbW editor lives near me and is a great guy. I have written some WbW articles, but wasn't involved in that one.)

I just received my Warm N Safe jacket and gloves with a dual portable heattroller and installed the power lead today.

I will test them out tomorrow morning on my ride to work under my FirstGear Kili 4 jacket, temp is supposed to be around 30 degrees.