T-Bags

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David C

Reaction score
Hello,

I just bought my first FJR (2007 "A") model. I've already placed an order with Gary for his backrest/mini rack set up. I'm considering purchasing the T-Bag "baja" bag to use in conjunction with this set up. Does anyone else have this set up and if so, do you have pictures? Thanks

No, but additionally, I have never heard of this Baja T-Bag thing of which you speak. Got a link to some pictures?

I am quite happy with my Joe Rocket Manta tank bag, but it's not equipped to carry a map in view. It holds all my electronic stuff that's not hard-mounted elsewhere (Autocom, iPod, etc...).

I have another, much larger, tank bag in case I need it, but I rarely use it.

I have never used a T bag but my concern would be that it would raise the center of gravity so much that the bike would be very top heavy. A large tank bag would be in a better position. You see a lot of Harley riders with these bags but their machine has a very low center of gravity and are heavy so they can get away with it. It would make me nervous on a FJR.

Just my .02

Mac

That T-bag would probably work on the FJR if it fits right on the mini-rack/backrest setup. It is a bit pricey considering that it is similar to a tank bag but cost a bunch more.You could get an inexpensive top box for about that price and have some security and weather protection.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, my bad.....I thought we were talking about another form of tea bagging. Nebbermind me.

Don't remember the make, but I had one of those vertically mounted bags on a Honda (my 700 Nighthawk?) years ago. It fatigue-cracked at the base and half-fell off, which was how I dragged to a stop.

Don't put too much weight back on the rear rack. Top case or bag.

I had a large T-bag back there once.

My sub-frame cracked. Didn't know it untill wiring a brake light and found crack.

05 FJR.

+1 on the rack; hella great farkle

I have a Nelson-Rigg CL-800 (linky)

I'm about to go to SFO with it. It is able to fit 4 days worth of clothing plus stuff. Has a rain cover. I'll get "action pics" on the ride starting Thursday. Looks like I might need the rain cover :(

Latest posts