T-Rex 1st Gen Frame Sliders?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone ever heard of these or more importantly, have any experience with these? Good, Bad, Ugly?
eBay Auction for T-Rex Frame Sliders

Seems like an awfully good price if they are structurally sound...
Fred,

I was interested in these also, but many months ago this topic was posted and someone said they bought a set and the quality was crap. Maybe a search would find the thread.

Anyone ever heard of these or more importantly, have any experience with these? Good, Bad, Ugly?
eBay Auction for T-Rex Frame Sliders

Seems like an awfully good price if they are structurally sound...
Fred,

I was interested in these also, but many months ago this topic was posted and someone said they bought a set and the quality was crap. Maybe a search would find the thread.
Thanks Charlie. That's kind of what I was afraid of. Though I only have TOGs on mine right now so prolly these would still be a major improvement.

I did do a search on T-Rex, I'll try searching more diligently later when I get a chance.

FWIW, a few miscellaneous ramblings from other bike boards:

======================================================

T-Rex frame sliders

I was researching frame sliders for my '01 SVS. After reading a lot I decided I wanted the frame sliders that use the long bolt through the frame & engine. All the brands I researched were in the $80. + range. I was looking around on Ebay and saw T-Rex was making the style I wanted. Other reviews of their products were favorable so I figured for $39.00 I couldn't go wrong.

I did the buy it now for $39.00 plus shipping (and tax if you are in TX) and one week later they arrived. the threaded stud is quality stainless steel, the lock nuts were galvanized, and black (only) sliders were well made with a aluminum crush bushing at the base to prevent the plastic from being crushed when the nuts are tightened.

Not bad frame sliders for less than $50 delivered to my door in TX.

=======================================================

Re: T-Rex frame sliders

Delrin is NOT the way to go with a slider that long. Too much leverage on the base.

Delrin is much harder than the plastic we use for frame sliders. Our plastic is soft enough to deform and absorb energy. Delrin sliders that long are likely to snap off. It's too hard for some frame slider applications. It's great for a few, if designed right. (We use Delrin in our swingarm sliders, but the forces are very different.)

Don't just take it from me. Woodcraft, Intuitive, R&G, Motovation, Vortex, and many other companies use the same plastic I use in their frame sliders. It's NOT delrin or acetal.

Nate R -

Motosliders SV Frame Sliders

- www.frame-sliders.com

========================================================

My buddy had a set and he said they didnt hold up to well when he dropped his bike.

========================================================

Why couldn't a guy just cut em down, eliminating the extra length? And if delrin is so bad why are some guys selling aluminum sliders without any complaints. That stuff is damn rigid compared to any type of plastic.

Sounds like marketing overruled engineering on this one.

:jester: