T-Rex Frame Sliders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackie

Reaction score
I'm looking at frame sliders and wondering if the T-Rex pair is any good at protecting the fairing and/or frame from tip-over damage. Any thoughts?

I just put them on my 07. To me they look fine. Then again this is my first bike that ever needed sliders. I usually ride a cruiser. Do they work???? well...... hopefully I'll never find out!!!!!!!

I'm looking at frame sliders and wondering if the T-Rex pair is any good at protecting the fairing and/or frame from tip-over damage. Any thoughts?
hope so.

I just bought a set on ebay for $15.99 plus shipping.

To me they looked slightly longer than motovation, skyway, OES but I've not seen any of them personally, just looked at internet shots which can be deceiving.

As of a couple of days ago there were three sets, I got one, on ebay. It was bidding and I put in the low bid and won. Doesn't seem to be a lot of action on those auctions.

Lee

I bought them because they are longer than the competition and a lot cheaper. They do have an inner metal core along with a heavy duty bolt; so I expect they will survive a tipover (while giving better protection than the short stuff). Fundamentally, they were a great buy. As a former racer, I can tell you that ALL sliders are sacrificial.

Best of all, on a long ride, they are just long enough to be a mini foot rest!!

I like 'em.

I bought them because they are longer than the competition and a lot cheaper. They do have an inner metal core along with a heavy duty bolt; so I expect they will survive a tipover (while giving better protection than the short stuff). Fundamentally, they were a great buy. As a former racer, I can tell you that ALL sliders are sacrificial.
Best of all, on a long ride, they are just long enough to be a mini foot rest!!

I like 'em.
I'm concerned that the longer length of the T-Rex will cause them to "snap" upon impact because of the leverage force. Do you know if the T-Rex bolts have good tensile strength properties?