T-rex frame sliders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony C.

Reaction score
Hi

Just got my T-rex frame sliders. First they look different form what I saw on the web site. I ordered the 06-08 and the on the web site they look totally smooth with no grooves. What I got has two grooves. Second I thought that the appropriate torque was 35 ft/lb, but instructions say 41. My other question regards the locite thread lock. Are the original bolts treated with something like the locite, if not why do it with the supplied bolts. Second if I decide to change the sliders sometime in future because some scientist has developed a slider that prevents damage and good karma to the bike and me, does the locite require that I use a stick of dynamite to loosen it. In addition to make this post more complicated the instructions refer to the 06-07 not the 06-08 that I noticed on the web site, thanks

Tony C.

I have the t-rex sliders and I used the med strength blue 248 threadlocker stick (same as 242 liquid). That will be removable if needed. Not really counting on having to remove them.

By the way, I'm the Loctite rep in my area and use the stuff regularly..

I have the t-rex sliders and I used the med strength blue 248 threadlocker stick (same as 242 liquid). That will be removable if needed. Not really counting on having to remove them.
By the way, I'm the Loctite rep in my area and use the stuff regularly..
Is there an advantage to using the blue 248 threadlocker stick over the more common 242 liquid? I've had outstanding success with the 242 over the years, but open to suggestion!

Thanks,

Don

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there an advantage to using the blue 248 threadlocker stick over the more common 242 liquid? I've had outstanding success with the 242 over the years, but open to suggestion!

The 248 stick performs the same as 242. It just comes down to personal preference. The stick is less messy and easier to use IMHO.

Hey!
This thread is ab-so-lutely freak-ing WORTHLESS without piccies!!!!!
Picture? How about a mental one. You take the slider bolt and put some threadlocker on it and tighten down. That help?