T-REX Frame Sliders?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Draggon Rider

Reaction score
I've been looking for Frame Sliders for my 05.

I don't want to cut the plastic.

I saw these "no cut" sliders from T-Rex Racing.

Wanted to know what the group thought of this product.

Good? Bad? You don't really care?

Edit:

Dear Spelling police, the title was a typo... :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I have not used my frame sliders as far as falling, others have and said they worked fine, baring the prior post, although it did it's job, it had a void within the molded frame slider.

These are about half the price of Motovation's frame sliders.

Here's my post on the installtion. My T-Rex Frame Sliders.

Good luck. ;)

I heard mixed opinions of their quality before finally settling on the moto sliders 2 yrs ago. I dunno, past experience has led me to believe that you generally get what you pay for so I figured the extra bucks werent so bad in the grand scheme of things.

Personally, I wouldn't go with the T-Rex sliders. A couple of the threads on this forum have confirmed what I had already heard from people riding crotch rockets. There are lots of options; some more expensive than others. I went with these and was happy with their delivery time and ease of installation. They seem well made, but that final decison is up to you. I also don't know if they make them for an '05.

There are alternatives to the T-Rex. I'm probably going to order these OES Sliders. They sound good, look good, and I haven't found any threads condemning them like the T-Rexes.

Bob

I have the T-rex sliders also, after the left one split I contacted the manufacturer and they replaced it. The new one appears to be construced differently that the original one that split. Time will tell. If I encounter any other problems they'll be in the trash.

mine have been drop tested on both sides with no problems. as you can see in that other post i modded them a little to make them fit better and not excessively pre-stress them.

Just to be clear, the 1st gen slider situation is considerably different than for 2nd gens. In order to do a "no-cut" install on 1st gens requires a bracket be installed to span two of the frame bolts that allows the delrin slider body to be located in an open spot in the faring. So all you 2nd gen guys that got the race quality sliders for < $100, just realize you have it easy.

Now, to the OP, it depends on what you expect out of the slider. If you really just want a stout version of a tip-over-guard, one that will save your tupperware in the event of a zero or low mph mishap, the T-rex will likely serve fine. If, ITOH you want the slider to hold together in the event of a low side at full road speed, well you may want to consider spending more money on the set-up.

I bought a used set of Motovation no-cut sliders because I didn't really trust that the T-rex ones would stay together in a road speed get-off. YMMV

Just to be clear, the 1st gen slider situation is considerably different than for 2nd gens. In order to do a "no-cut" install on 1st gens requires a bracket be installed to span two of the frame bolts that allows the delrin slider body to be located in an open spot in the faring. So all you 2nd gen guys that got the race quality sliders for < $100, just realize you have it easy.
Now, to the OP, it depends on what you expect out of the slider. If you really just want a stout version of a tip-over-guard, one that will save your tupperware in the event of a zero or low mph mishap, the T-rex will likely serve fine. If, ITOH you want the slider to hold together in the event of a low side at full road speed, well you may want to consider spending more money on the set-up.

I bought a used set of Motovation no-cut sliders because I didn't really trust that the T-rex ones would stay together in a road speed get-off. YMMV
Oh whaaa...You paid more for your sliders, but us gen II people paid more for our bikes. :eek: Who do you really think got hosed in that deal?? :blink: :p

I didn't put sliders on until after a tip over in the parking lot. Funny thing was the faring was scratched exactly where the drill sliders fit. They were half the price , the hole was easy to drill and I will selll the bike with the sliders in another 10 years.

Reason tells me, if I ever have to use them, it won't matter if you didn't drill the faring and the drill ones look stronger. jmho

Oh whaaa...You paid more for your sliders, but us gen II people paid more for our bikes. :eek: Who do you really think got hosed in that deal?? :blink: :p
Huh? :blink:

I'm sure that you paid a lot more for your bike than me.

I bought mine 2nd hand.

Sucks to be you, huh? :p

I didn't put sliders on until after a tip over in the parking lot. Funny thing was the faring was scratched exactly where the drill sliders fit. They were half the price , the hole was easy to drill and I will selll the bike with the sliders in another 10 years.
Reason tells me, if I ever have to use them, it won't matter if you didn't drill the faring and the drill ones look stronger. jmho

You may very well be right. That's a very good argument against the added expense of "no-cut"s on 1st gens.

Latest posts