T-Rex Racing rear bag/luggage sliders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JON-PNW2013

Reaction score
Fellow forum members. I've been struggling with the new rear sliders from T-Rex Racing (for the 2013 FJR). Up until now, I've really liked what they provide and I have their fork and side sliders installed - they are strong and look great - I have 'used' the side slider once already when I dropped my bike while standing in a construction zone and slipped in gravel). I've recently installed the rear bag sliders. It is a very interesting design, supposedly allowing for the required strength with a subtle installation footprint. Here they are from the T-Rex Racing website.

That u-shaped support arm 'floats' and actually sits on top of the forward swing arm. They also rub on the rear foot rests when the bar comes up. STUPID design IMHO. Does anyone else have any experience with these? I should have followed my instinct and not installed the damn things when I looked at them, trusting their engineer/s. I am about to ask them for a RMA and full refund. Yes, I should have gone with the Canyon Cages from MC Enterprises, but I didn't know about them until recently. :-(

I sure have, on several occassions - trading emails with thier engineer now, tying to figure out what they were thinking. I just wanted to get any other perceptions.

I have a 14ES and have the T-Rex frame sliders and MC Ent. bag guards. It is a great protection and looks good to boot. If you can get a refund from T-Rex, I would strongly recommend the bag guards.

Well, T-Rex got back to me and true to thier customer service reputation, they are willing to take my luggage sliders back for a full refund. Apparently, I am not the only one to see the 'defects' and they already have a new design coming out with more mounting points and no floating support bar. They estimate 6-9 weeks. Meanwhile, the MC Enterprise 'Canyon Rails' are on backorder! Bummer...