T-Rex Racing sliders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perhaps you will find someone that has but I think you will find MANY fans of the "Skyway" sliders. I jumped off my bike at speed once and they worked great.

has anyone used the T-Rex Racing sliders?

I installed a set.

Here's my reasoning for doing so....

If my bike ever tipped over, I expect the sliders to minimize the damage. In this situation, instead of reporting it to the insurance company, I would just pay for the damages. In doing so, I would also replace the sliders.

In the unfortunate event that I lowside my bike, I would expect the sliders to still protect my bike. However, in this scenario I would bet that there will be considerable more damage to which my bike insurance will come into play.

Bottom, line I'm paying for something that will minimize damage to my bike in a particular situation and only once. Hopefully, I never have to rely on them and never have to find out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought about buying a set but there was some negative fb from others when I researched this Q back in Dec 2006 or so....ended up with Moto sliders which were more but I have piece of mind.

Joe,

I installed a set, too. I've had a low side slide on a GSXR and consider sliders to be totally sacrificial. The hot list Skyway's seemed overpriced to me. I've raced and observed many race bikes that have had long slides. Delrin does not have enough "grip" to cause the bike to 'catch" and flip over yet it also slows the bike quickly. That's a good thing in case the bike is chasing you. I'm confident of the construction quality of the T-Rex sliders and know that the Delrin will do the job in the event of a slide. In the event of a low speed drop, the T Rex units have enough length to help prevent additional damage to the bike. Hopefully, they'll keep my Throttlemeisters off the ground as well. I agree that in the event of a lot of damage, it will be an insurance claim. I installed them primarily to minimize damage for the accidental parking lot "drop".

Good luck on your choice!

Joe,
I installed a set, too. I've had a low side slide on a GSXR and consider sliders to be totally sacrificial. The hot list Skyway's seemed overpriced to me. I've raced and observed many race bikes that have had long slides. Delrin does not have enough "grip" to cause the bike to 'catch" and flip over yet it also slows the bike quickly. That's a good thing in case the bike is chasing you. I'm confident of the construction quality of the T-Rex sliders and know that the Delrin will do the job in the event of a slide. In the event of a low speed drop, the T Rex units have enough length to help prevent additional damage to the bike. Hopefully, they'll keep my Throttlemeisters off the ground as well. I agree that in the event of a lot of damage, it will be an insurance claim. I installed them primarily to minimize damage for the accidental parking lot "drop".

Good luck on your choice!
I have a set of the T-Rex Frame Sliders. The Yamaha Dealership where I purchased my bike gave me their website and reccommened them for my 2008 FJR. I must say I am not happy with how they look. I had motivation Sliders on my previous bike (FZ6) and they did not stick out as far as the T-Rex Sliders. The T-Rex sliders are made of Delrin which is the same material used in most sliders. The sliders came with all equipment to mount to the bike with easy instructions (simple task). The best part was the price $34.00 shipped.

I must say I like the way the Skyway frame sliders look and I purchased the T-Rex Sliders before I joined this forum. Otherwise, I think I would have went with the Skyway Sliders (Delrin).

This is just my opinion.

This is also my second post, so have a little compasion for us new members.

JM

Hey, falcon,

I just put Skyway curbfeelers on mine and I hope I never use them, but as others have stated, including you, better to have them then not, and I frankly love the way they look on my 07...unused! I don't know one brand from the next as far as results, but noone I have heard yet says they wish they hadn't had 'em.

Welcome to the forum, friend. Hint: The fastest way to get gangpoked here is to not check the Bin-O-Facts before asking some simpler questions. (not this question, specifically, but just a heads up)

Also, congrats on the 08! It's a beauty.

ArtistonFJR

Everybody here preaches Skyway. I guess that's ok. Do yourself a favor and check out OES sliders. Saved me 50 bucks. They are Delrin and look fantastic. The folks there were very helpful. It's your cash. Just my opinion.

I just installed a set of them, I feel they look ok (like side nerf bars on a cage) I've not used them yet, don't plan to, hope I never do and will not be disappointed if I never get the benefit of the investment. TMSAISTI! B)

I purchase some to replace my Skyway aluminum after my get off.

FJRwreck015.jpg

I agree, they look long, but I'll make them a highway peg

Latest posts